28 days ago
Founded by Bad Robot (Lost, Cloverfield, Westworld, Star Wars, Star Trek), we at Bad Robot Games are on a mission to continually reinvent how stories are played.
We are a remote-first games company represented by a diverse team, which empowers us to make the kinds of games in which all players can see themselves. Working closely with our colleagues at Bad Robot Productions, our projects unite our extensive network of games, TV, and film industry talent to create original IPs, expansive worlds and tell new stories across all media platforms which are as fun to watch as they are to play.
Bad Robot Games is looking for a Lead Animator that is a passionate and skilled professional with experience in game development and animation. As our Lead Animator, you will take point in leading and being a voice for animation and will be responsible for overseeing the animation team, pipeline, and creating high-quality, engaging animations that bring our games to life.
- Manage and oversee the animation team, providing guidance and support to ensure high-quality work is delivered on time and on budget
- Collaborate with game, art and design directors to develop animation concepts that fit the overall vision of our flagship title in Unreal
- Provide direction and feedback to internal and external animators to create compelling character animations, bringing the game's characters to life
- Manage animation budgets and timelines, monitoring progress and adjusting plans as needed to ensure successful completion of projects
- Provide support, feedback, and mentorship to animation team, including animators of varied experience levels, to maintain animation quality bar and to grow their skills and work quality
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging animation techniques, sharing knowledge with the animation team
- Work with producers to identify and prioritize animation tasks based on project milestones and deadlines
- Continuously evaluate animation workflows and processes, making recommendations for improvements and implementing changes as needed to optimize efficiency and quality
- 7+ years of experience, with at least one title shipped as Animation Lead
- Experience with outsourcing asset production support
- Strong understanding of animation software, including Maya and experience using Unreal Engine
- Experience conducting Motion Capture shoots and with Motion Capture processes and data
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, with the ability to clearly articulate ideas and provide feedback to team members.
- Portfolio demonstrating an expertise in animation
- Experience with MotionBuilder
- Experience in a secondary area such as rigging. MEL or Python scripting, or tools development
- Experience working on a live service game
Annual Salary Range: $135,000 - $180,000
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Our ranges are based on California market rate regardless of work location in the US.
Find out more about our benefits and team on our careers page!
Bad Robot Games recruiters will never ask you for money or to provide financial information during our recruiting process. Scammers often request money transfers for Visa processing fees or travel expenses, as well as personal information including passport info, social security numbers, credit card or bank account information.Bad Robot Games recruiters will never use personal email (including @gmail) accounts when contacting candidates. We also do NOT interview or screen candidates over messenger or text-based chat. All communication will be tied to badrobotgames.com
Bad Robot Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.