Lead Animator [Unannounced Project]
Stockholm Stockholm County se
7 days ago
Ubisoft Stockholm is looking for a passionate Lead Animator to the development of an ambitious unannounced project. You will contribute to crafting stunning and life-like animations, by bringing your own thoughts to the table and inspiring your team to push the limits. You will influence the creation of next gen animations for AAA projects. As our new Lead Animator, you are the expert and support on how to setup and drive a team in both conceptual and production phases as well as guiding the team to deliver great quality across the board.
What you’ll do:
- Leading the development of high-quality AAA animations
- Creating and maintaining a prospering art culture within the Animation Team
- Ensuring a productive internal workflow and beneficial relationships with external partners
- Prioritizing and managing the Animation Team’s tasks to ensure that deliverables are completed on time and to specifications through stand-ups and synchronization meetings to communicate vision and needs with other teams
- Organizing work and backlog using project management/ planning tools i.e. Jira
- Working together with supervisors, producers, directors and other teams to push project quality
- Balancing quality and efficiency of owns and teams work to reach the best results within given time frames
- Managing the Human Resources in your team by i.e. reoccurring performance feedback and salary reviews
- An Open-minded person that is eager to explore new approaches that could improve the gaming experience further
- A team player with a can-do-attitude
- A good communicator
- Well organized, like to be on top of things and find the success of your team very important.
- Passionate about film and the games industry, and are driven by the chance to bring things to a higher level
- Experience of creating animations for next gen AAA game environments, ideally with two AAA titles shipped
- Experience of leading a team, preferably in an agile project management environment
- Experience working with technical limitations/constraints in a game studio
- Ability to review and feedback on teams work in a clear and constructive manner
- Working knowledge Maya, MotionBuilder as well as the MS Office package
- Experience with outsourcing and co-development
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we believe different thinking come from many places and that good idea, no matter where they come from, is the key to unlocking our potential.
At our office, located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and passionate people, who follow their dreams, can make the world a better place.
Ubisoft Stockholm, making great games better.