Lead Animation Technical Artist
13 days ago
We are looking for an experienced Lead Technical Artist who has a deep understanding of animation production and has a genuine interest in spearheading the creation of the tools and pipeline development for the animation teams, as well as the creation of complex rigs for a wide range of game assets. Someone who is keen at providing solutions and always finding a better way.
As a Lead Technical Artist you will be working alongside the Gameplay Animation and Cinematic teams enabling them to produce high-end content, while providing technical guidance for your team as well as defining animation workflows and pipelines. You will be working closely with the Cinematic Director and Gameplay Animator Director to ensure that the technical development for the animation pipeline, tools and asset setups scale accordingly along with the teams’ needs.
You will be joining the studio at a pivotal time as we grow our animation teams and define our pipelines.
- Lead the tool development, character rigging and technical support for the animation teams.
- Recognize inefficiencies or pipeline issues and help architect solutions short and long term.
- Supervise the team’s workload and prioritize their tasks according to milestones and production needs.
- Develop proprietary tools and scripts for third party software like Motion Builder and Maya.
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
- Work with lead animators, directors, character artists and the programming team to bridge needs and requirements as well as finding long-term solutions.
- Encourage best practices in the team by providing guidance, support and advice to the members of your team.
- Collaborate in the hiring and expansion of the Tech Art and Rigging teams.
- 5+ Years of experience in a similar position ideally with at least 1 published title in the role.
- Strong knowledge of Motion Builder and Maya.
- Strong Python / Mel scripting.
- Experience in various other scripting or programming languages is very desirable.
- Strong experience building human body, facial, vehicles and prop rigging.
- Strong knowledge of cloth simulation.
- Understanding of 3D Math functions - linear algebra & vector maths.
- Extensive track record in game development working with animation teams.
- Detail, logic, process and functionality orientated.
- Great communication skills
- Proactive and positive personality.
- Genuine interest in game development.
- Time management and organisational skills.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.