Lead AI Programmer
16 days ago
- Provide mentorship, direction and best in class engineering principles to ensure quality results and efficient working practices.
- Mentoring, managing and leading the AI programming department.
- Conduct regular code reviews and manage the coding team to excellence.
- Work very closely with the Creative Director and other leads to understand and establish the vision and evangelise this to the team.
- Work closely with other departments and give direction and feedback on requirements for the AI features being implemented.
- Work across multiple disciplines on the behaviors of a large variety of non-player characters, bringing to life memorable enemies (including bosses!) of all shapes and sizes.
- Maintain and extend the existing AI framework and tools in cooperation with other internal studios or programmers.
- Research the latest techniques in game AI to create believable characters and environments.
- Plan development in coordination with project management.
- Test, debug, profile, optimize and document implementations and set a standard for AI team.
- Expert in C/C++ and object-oriented programming with a strong 3D math background.
- A good understanding of modern AI techniques as used in AAA games and excellent understanding of AI architecture and standard technology.
- Experience with multi-threading.
- Experience with performance measurement and optimization.
- Minimum 8 years of software engineering experience.
- Experience building and delivering at least 2 shipped AAA titles.
- Experience leading a team in programming movement, navigation, and decision-making AI.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, animators, artists, testers, and other developers.
- Game designer's creativity.
- Keen analytical mind.
- Ability to write solid, reliable, efficient code.
- High work ethic.
- Passion for games.
Nice to have:
- Unreal Engine 4 knowledge.
- Experience working on a mod/title on the Unreal Engine.
- Performance and optimization skills.
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.).
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare (Vitality) and BUPA dental insurance for PCF's employees and their families.
- Access to wellbeing platform - Gympass for employees and family members.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Online Polish and English language classes.
- Access to the pension scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting AAA projects with the top publishers in the industry: Project Gemini with Square Enix and Project Dagger with Take-Two (2K), in addition to a new IP to be self-published and two other games in a concept phase. One of our IPs is also being adapted for VR technology.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Project Bifrost is a yet unannounced AAA action-adventure game developed by our North American team supported by PCF’s European studios.
If you feel yourself able to deliver as nobody else, take ownership of your projects, and are ready to leave a mark on a game you work on, apply now!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.