Lead 3D Environment Artist
17 days ago
Forge alternate worlds that deepen players' lives! We're a game development studio based in Los Angeles, dedicated to the idea that online games can deliver deeper, more meaningful experiences.
We’re looking for a talented Lead 3D Environment Artist with a keen attention to detail and a passion for environmental storytelling to help bring the world of our first game to life.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Lead the environment art team in developing high-quality unforgettable worlds
- Work closely with the Art Director and concept artists to help define the vision and set a high quality bar for our in game environments
- Develop a pipeline with the art team to create an efficient and scalable workflow
- Be able to work with designers and the art team to make fun and enjoyable experiences for players
- Worldbuild a variety of areas within the game with an eye for aesthetics, narrative, and the gameplay purposes of the area
- Create in-game environment art that effectively expresses our art style
- Create environments from whitebox to final shipping quality
- Mentor & manage a team of talented Environment Artists
- Work in collaboration with our outsourcing partners to enable quality asset generation
- 6+ years of games industry experience working as an Environment Artist
- Demonstrated expertise in shape design and environmental storytelling fit for an open world third person game
- Experience with PBR material pipeline and lighting
- Ability to balance 3D aesthetic with in game performance and optimization
- Effective at working in cross discipline teams to achieve a shared mission
- Motivated by creating great games & a passionate gamer on your own time
- Legally authorized to work in the US
- Professional experience working in Unreal 4
- Experience working with art outsourcing
- Portfolio showcasing a breadth of stylized art
- Other disciplines such as Shader Development, Node-Based Scripting, Procedural Asset Creation, VFX, Character Modeling a huge plus.
- Choice of Remote (in approved states) or Hybrid office options in Los Angeles, CA, or Orange County, CA (office location pending) unless noted above
- Aligned to core Pacific Coast hours (10:00am - 4:00pm PT)
- Remote eligible locations: Quebec, Canada, or in one of the following US states: California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Michigan, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington
We’re a game development team based in Los Angeles, dedicated to the idea that online games can deliver deeper, more meaningful experiences.
With our first project Palia, we’re exploring new styles of game design and tackling difficult technical problems to create a game that’s beautiful and intricate, delivering far more than superficial entertainment or basic wish fulfillment, an experience that becomes a meaningful part of your life. Our vision is to create a compelling virtual universe filled with rich and diverse gameplay experiences and social interactions that will keep you playing for years, evolving along with you and the rest of the community. We want our players to feel valued as well as a true sense of belonging.
Sounds ambitious? We think so, too. If you’re interested in the challenge of building a new genre, in making rewarding interactive & community experiences filled with amazing art and world-class technology to support this living world, join us on the journey.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We're excited to hear from you!
Check out our announcement trailer! https://youtu.be/lP009fvbt8c
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.