Lead 3D Artist
14 days ago
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide guidance and mentorship to other artists on your team, as well as reviews and critiques for external artists
- Collaborate with Design and Gameplay teams to prototype and create compelling realistic assets.
- Ensure the technical and artistic follow-up of the assets imported into our proprietary engine and make the necessary modifications.
- Help establish and maintain both aesthetic quality and technical performance standards (poly count, memory, draw calls, etc.)
- Work with the art team to guide creative and engine-efficient art solutions for complex visual problems.
- Collaborate with tools and engine teams to continually improve upon our custom workflows and technology.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Experience as a 3D Artist in games in a Lead or Senior level role
- Mastery of realistic style
- Attention to detail for both aesthetic and technical quality.
- Comfortable with 4k resolution game assets
- Versatility, responsiveness, and initiative
- Excellent knowledge of modeling tools such as 3DSMAX, Maya, Zbrush (UV layouts, retopology)
- Mastery of the PBR Pipeline for texture creation (baking tools, Substance Painter/Photoshop)
- Great communication and collaborative problem solving skills
- Good understanding of game mechanics related to objects and environments
- Ability to balance quality standards and game performance in our proprietary engine
- Passion for games, with an ability to critically analyze them.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution to fully cover your deductible (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical challenge, and eSports competition reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Membership to One Medical
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 9 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on two unannounced projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.