Nimble Giant Entertainment is looking for a full-time Lead Artist.
Our Art team is on the hunt for a talented, dedicated, and passionate Lead Artist to join our team. We are looking for someone with strong skills in modeling and texturing but also with an excellent managerial background.
As a leader, your job will involve managing a team of 3D artists and handling the technical aspects of the art processes (tools, geometric budgets, texture budgets, task definitions and scheduling of tasks) as well as helping producers and other team leads in planning, organizing, following-up and evaluating your team’s work in order to ensure that they meet the production objectives in terms of time and quality.
It is also expected that you can anticipate and find solutions on team and production level in order to deliver a stunning visual experience of the project.
- Lead the art team in development of AA+, AAA quality assets and environments.
- Help in defining and establishing art standards and make sure all creative material is consistent with the artistic vision.
- Ensure that produced and integrated assets respect the artistic vision of the game and meet the art and quality standards.
- Work hand in hand with the production team to ensure that schedules and plans are met.
- Actively participate in the scheduling of the project by providing insights from the art perspective and maintaining planning foresight.
- Keep a consistent informational flow with your team to ensure that all members are aligned with the project goals at all times.
- Provide regular review and feedback on the team's work in a clear and constructive manner.
- Facilitate collaboration between team members and other dependent teams.
- Maintain a close working relationship with your direct manager, producers, leads, directors and other teams to push project quality.
- Raise the bar for the project by demanding high results from self and team members.
- Share knowledge and recommend best practices in your area of operation.
- Guide, mentor and develop the team.
- 7+ years of experience as a 3D artist.
- Proven experience in the game industry, at least 5 complete development cycles from start to finish.
- Wide range of experience in all areas of game art, including creation of characters, game objects, user interface, creation of 3D objects, particle effects.
- Experience in leading teams.
- Excellent skills with tools like 3DMax, Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop
- Excellent problem solving and attention to detail skills.
- Experience with Unreal, Unity or any 3D game engine.
- Experience with Substance Designer is desired.
Founded in 2002, Nimble Giant Entertainment (Formerly NGD Studios) is one of the leading game development studios in Latin America. Our first major release, Champions of Regnum, was the first commercial MMORPG made in the region. We are the team behind the reimagining of the classic 4X strategy game Master of Orion and the multiplayer time travel shooter Quantum League . Check out our latest news at nimblegiant.com