*This is a remote job for candidates within the United States only
Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature compelling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech. Allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, and designers from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat , League of Legends , Call of Duty , Walking Dead , and Star Wars . Our caliber of talent keeps us at the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place a t SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019 , sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex ?
We’re now looking for a talented Lead 3D Artist to join our team.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Mentor and direct a team of 3D Artists
- Create and improve 3D art pipelines within Unity
- Define best practices, techniques, and project documentation
- Review employee performance, set budgets, and evaluate tools
- Identify problems and bottlenecks early and provide solutions
- Collaborate with Production to define tasks, milestones and sprints for Level Ex products
- Work cross-functionally with other departments in Engine to push the visuals of our assets
- Work closely with the Art Director to ensure projects meet quality standards
- Create a calm, collaborative, and positive work environment
Who We Want To Interview
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- In-depth knowledge of the 3D content creation process
- Expert knowledge in Autodesk Maya, Zbrush, Substance Painter
- Extensive experience with Character Modeling pipelines
- Experience Rigging, Lighting and Outsourcing Pipelines
- Experience with Unity3D or equivalent engine
- Minimum of 7+ years of professional industry experience
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience as a Lead or Director
- Shipped at least two games (open to various platforms)
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 4 weeks of PTO
- Dental and vision insurance offered
For the fastest consideration, please send a resume *including* a link to your 3D portfolio. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.