Lead 2D Artist (f/m/d)
9 days ago
Lead 2D Artist (f/m/d)
We are looking for a 2D Lead Artist to join our team and work on our games which are played by millions of players. You'll get to work with a team of talented 2D Artists to create immersive worlds and amazing assets. It's a big responsibility, but it also comes with a lot of opportunities to help grow and develop your team.
Your role as a Lead Artist will involve planning, organizing, and managing the work of your team to make sure that everything is delivered on time and up to our high-quality standards. We'll be looking to you to use your artistic, technical, and managerial expertise to make sure that everything runs smoothly and efficiently.
- 7+ years’ experience as an artist
- Proven experience in the entertainment and/or video game industry
- Wide range of experience in all areas of game art, including creation of backgrounds, characters, game objects, user interface, animation
- Experience in team leadership and management
- Strong artistic skills
- Excellent knowledge in Photoshop or other equivalent packages
- Good knowledge in game engines
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork oriented attitude
- Problem solving attitude
- Able to drive change and inspire others to generate new ideas
- Work alongside the Art Director to help define the content and aesthetic direction of individual projects
- Lead the artistic team in the development of high-quality assets
- Define and establish art standards/ systems while ensuring all creative material is consistent
- Work directly with production to ensure that schedules and plans meet business and project needs
- Participate in the scheduling of his part of the project and maintain planning foresight
- Maintains effective informational flow to the team to ensure the team members are aligned with the project objectives
- Provide regular review and feedback on teams' work in a clear and constructive manner
- Maintain efficient collaboration between the team members and other dependent teams
- Maintain a close working relationship with the art director, product managers, and other teams to push the quality of the project
- Raise the bar for the project by demanding high results from self and team members
- Share knowledge and recommend best practices in your area of operation
- Ensure that produced and integrated assets respect the artistic vision of the game and meet the quality standards
- Guide, mentor and develop the team
- Have hands-on asset creation expertise, leading by example when required.
- Conduct 1on1s with the artists
We are Kolibri Games - a mobile games developer from Berlin, part of Ubisoft. We believe that with the best people, we can make games that players will enjoy for years to come.
Our games have defined the idle genre, and bring enjoyment to hundreds of millions of players all around the world. This is possible due to the talented people who make us who we are. ‘Kolibris’, as we call ourselves, are on a mission to continue making great games and we're looking for new talent to join our team. We strive to offer you a fair recruitment process and a great candidate experience, as well as a friendly environment to work in, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.