Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
8 days ago
Tangent Animation is the vision of Animation and Film Production industry professionals, with combined experience that encompasses CG Animation, Live Action Film Production, Visual Effects, and Software Development. Tangent Animation employs open source solutions to create high quality animated feature films. What sets us apart from other studios is our use of Blender, an open source software to make our animated films. This approach has helped us in curbing the cost of licensed software and build an opportunity to invest in additional artistic and programming talent.
The Layout Artist is responsible for executing the staging, blocking and camera work that makes up the foundation of a successful shot and/or sequence of shots. They work closely with the Director to translate their vision (as represented by the storyboards) into a 3D environment. He/she must provide creative solutions to aesthetic problems. He or she produces work (shots) in a fast paced, CG environment. His/her number one priority is to create a dynamic cinematic vision for the film that supports the narrative, adheres to production assumptions and executes it in a manner inspiring the crew.
JOB DUTIES :
- To collaborate with the Director/Leads/ Layout Supervisor/Director of Photography to explore and develop the visual story
- To streamline or eliminate unnecessary scenes and filming requirements from the production
- Follow Director’s creative direction in the layout process.
- Attend Layout Reviews, Launches and Approvals with Production.
- To revise, edit and modify layouts/shots as indicated by the Director or creative team.
- To organize and manage timelines to ensure all work is completed and submitted on time and in adherence with the production schedule
- To support colleagues; this may include troubleshooting and/or obtaining appropriate resolution to any technical issues as they arise to keep production moving forward.
- To ensure quality control via verifying that all shots follow studio policies and guidelines prior to moving into next stage of production.
- Responsible for adhering to the complexity of the project
- Communicate in a timely fashion with Production for all inter-department concerns.
- Understanding of cinematography is a must
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Animation, Film, Art, relevant field or equivalent experience desired;
- A good working knowledge of the principles of cinematic staging, blocking and camera work;
- Excellent working knowledge of animation for both cameras and CG characters;
- Basic CG modeling skills desired;
- Must be able to work in a collaborative environment and take direction easily and be willing to participate; as a member of a team as well as to work independently
- Knowledge in scene, shot, camera, and character composition is preferred.
- Knowledge of the animation pipeline is desired
- Great company culture, with a team that is very technically proficient, highly motivated & excited to work on projects that will change the industry
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- Casual dress-code
Interested candidates to share the link to their demo reels, along with their resume.
Tangent Animation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.