13 days ago
Insomniac games is looking for an experienced Layout Animator to join our Animation team. Create dynamic and exciting layout that inspires animators to create exceptional cinematics. If this is of interest to you – keep reading!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Works with director and animation leads to lay out cinematic scenes. Determines timing, shot composition, camera lenses, camera angles and camera movement.
- Populates scenes with characters, environment and props.
- Installs mocap on characters. Installs dialogue.
- Provides rough animation on props.
- Iterates with director and animators to addresses feedback.
- Works with lighters to determine scene lighting.
- Implements cinematics in games engine and trouble shoots asset and technical issues.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, covering all basic animation principles and techniques.
- At least two years’ experience working with motion capture to create in-game and cinematic performances that go beyond the underlying motion capture and exude personality.
- Knowledge of Maya, and common production programs.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Motion Builder is a plus.
- Proficiency in and Adobe Premiere as well as working with sound and music is a plus.
- Knowledge of common state machine flow in any game engine is preferred.
Other Skills: Demonstrated understanding of basic animation principles including squash and stretch, timing and motion, anticipation, staging, weight, and appeal. A fundamental understanding of creating animation content for video games. Works well in a highly collaborative environment with other animators, designers, and programmers, as well as the ability to communicate effectively and take direction well
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please use the “Apply Now” button below. Be sure to include your updated reel- Thanks!