This job might no longer be available.
LT Linguistic Expert - French
Madrid Community of Madrid Spain
7 months ago
Main Purpose of the Role
- Own the Localization quality for the corresponding language, engaging in multiple stages of the localization process starting with asset preparations continuing throughout, from LT testing start to LT Assessment, and beyond.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure Localization quality meets EA standards and is acceptable for the respective local market
- Perform random audits for all titles (DB & In-Game) before and during the testing phase in the relevant language. Handle communication with Translators for the specific language.
- Handle Machine Translation Post Editing tasks for the relevant language
- Provide feedback on current or potential translation sources (translators/MT) through QEs, TTs, TES, PML, Mosaic TFS.
- Monitor Vendor Management Mosaic (including comments) for the relevant language
- Review Marketing content for the corresponding language
- Act as a Language Expert for all temporary testers for the relevant language
- Act as POC for Asset Loc in collaboration with the relevant Team Lead for the corresponding language, managing Style Guides and TSLOL discussions
- Provide translations in emergency situations when the amount of strings is acceptable
- Respect EA security procedures
- Language Team related tasks
- Participate in recruitment
- Participate in training material creation
- Training/coaching of testers
- Department related tasks
- Involvement in taskforces or initiatives related to tools and processes improvement.
- Project management support
- Participate to the project preparation and tools setup
- Manage and control LT Testers’ efforts (local and remote)
- Assign daily tasks to LT Testers
- Perform Bug Tracking Management tasks
- Perform Devtest Management tasks
- Support testers with Hardware/Tools knowledge/setup
- Responsible for the daily status reports on your area of influence and delivery to PM
- Risk Management - Responsible for detecting, understanding, communicating, and following until resolution the risks impacting testing.
- Testing support
- Perform a full or partial review of the product, detect localization bugs within deadline. Fix directly in the Text Database those fixable through text changes and report and regress the others.
- Pay specific attention to guideline related bugs. Have a good knowledge of compliance implications over your area of influence
- Ensure correct bug severity evaluation, write-up of bugs and proposed corrections to facilitate bug fixing
- Follow testing and reporting processes
- Involvement in audio talents selection and support Recording Studios (DB Casting, Live casting, remote or physical attendance to recording sessions)
- Perform other assets review tasks on request and directly fix the issues when possible (Text, Audio scripts, Recorded Audio-PACO, Art check, Documentation, Videos, Newsletters, Websites, Banners)
- Provide input and ideas that could improve the LT progress as early as possible
- Inform the Loc Project Management team of any issue that may slow down, stop - or improve - the LT progress as early as possible
- Maintain strong teamwork within the team
- Perform localization test in development studios when required, complying with local rules and procedures
- Perform localization POC in development studios when required, complying with local rules and procedures
LT is a dynamic area where there are peak periods of activity (April – November). The work load and the make-up of teams vary. It is therefore necessary that the incumbent has experience of working in a team environment of constant change.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Flawless mother tongue and excellent English skills.
- Mother tongue and English writing skills (creative and business)
- Advanced or in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment
- 6+ months of videogame industry experience
Skills and Knowledge Preferred
- Previous experience:
- Videogames Localization industry
- Working in a multi-cultural team
- Linguistic Specialized post-secondary degree/diploma (Philology/Translation) or work equivalent
- Very good knowledge in cultural areas related to EA video games (sports, WWII…)
- Demonstrate knowledge of the video games industry
- Demonstrate knowledge of video game platforms (PC, consoles & software)
- Demonstrate knowledge of EA LOC tools (Jira, DevTrack, Mosaic, HAL…)
- Third language is a plus
- Quality focused, attention to detail
- Organised, self-starting, proactive
- Strong sense of ownership, Achievement-driven
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate in a clear and concise way
- Teamwork oriented