This job might no longer be available.
LQA Project Manager
24 days ago
A world-class partner to the games industry, trusted to deliver the highest quality services with passion, expertise and agility
To serve our partners by enhancing the experience of gamers across the world through our passionate and expert team
Quality, Passion, Agility, Customer Intimacy, Teamwork
Over the last 20 years Universally Speaking (US) has built a reputation as a world class partner to the games industry, trusted to deliver the highest quality services with passion, expertise, and agility.
Games are only great when you step forward and bring your best skills to the team. Are you ready for your next challenge?
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Handling Localisation QA requests and queries from clients efficiently
- Have a thorough understanding of the company’s LQA testing procedures and apply consistently, whilst also ensuring that all team members understand and adhere to them as well.
- Establishing efficient processes for a project/client, whilst developing and improving workflows where required to optimise deliveries.
- Managing individual client relationships with a view to establishing a long-term support level that aims to expand and incentivise the client to provide more projects and/or expand upon the volume of work.
- Providing swift answers and resolutions to quality issues and client concerns.
- Performing project planning and risk assessment prior to allocation.
- Assessing requests, producing quotes for prospective clients, planning the LQA process.
- Maintaining, coordinating, and supervising the teams of LQA Testers and Leads, ensuring efficient communication.
- Ensuring and taking responsibility for the quality of all final deliveries.
- Maintaining project tracking, ensure timely deliveries.
- Quality-checking linguists and vendors work.
- Working closely with the sales development team to establish client patterns, pursue sales opportunities, etc.
- Manage the in-house management software daily, ensuring that all information entered is accurate and up to date.
- Assisting the LQA Manager to effectively manage resources and plan projects.
- Analysing project profitability.
- Creating post-mortem reports on specific projects.
- Helping with writing training documentation.
- Ensuring project management is always up to date.
- Sticking to internal deadlines.
Measures of Performance
- Your communication manner with clients and ability to identify and find solutions for feedback and action plans
- Coordination of your team’s priorities, progress and collaboration
- On time and thorough delivery of project milestone needs and reports
- How you are mentoring and developing your test team, with PDP guidance and training
- Continuous improvement and knowledge of LQA workflow and techniques
You are a great match if you
- Excellent written and spoken skills in English.
- Proficient in MS Office tools, especially Excel.
- Great understanding of file functionality and compatibility.
- Quality focused with a keen eye for detail.
- Proven ability to perform the role of a company ambassador.
- Inspiring and effective leader, capable of organising and motivating oneself and others.
- Able to manage time efficiently and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Must have the right to work and be based in the UK.
Desirable but not necessary:
- Experience in LQA or Localisation
- Strong knowledge of game localisation procedures
- Multi-lingual (native speaker of at least one additional language other than English).
- Great knowledge of CAT tools, such as memoQ.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Lunch and Learns
- Management Development
- Wellbeing Portal including Live Chat and Support
- Mini Health checks
- Access to Counselling and structured therapy
- Online CBT
- Perks and Discounts
- Qualified nurses on hand to offer support on a range of medical or health-related issues offering practical information and advice
- Social events and celebrations