Customer Service L&D Manager
Space Ape Games
London England United Kingdom
3 months ago
Our team, Customer and Community Support (CCS), takes on a number of responsibilities. We answer customer support queries, engage with our community on Social Media, and create and localize content for our newsletters and in-game events that drive our community. We are a fun, passionate, highly diverse, and international team that works part in-house, part remote from all over the world.
We pride ourselves on being close and personal with our players, and we are planning to grow our team. That’s why we are looking for an experienced Learning & Development manager to bolster our ranks in London and take over our training initiatives and knowledge base to bring them to the next level.
You should be passionate about helping people learn and grow and have solid experience working as an L&D expert. If you are an excellent communicator who knows how to get projects off the ground and done, who is willing to roll up your sleeves and own any aspect of our training efforts, we should talk!
Level Up our Support Staff
- Shape our Learning Philosophy.
- Oversee our LMS and make strategical decisions to improve and develop the platform
- Evaluate individual and organizational development needs
- Design and implement training programs for internal and external team members for CS and Localization
- Decide on the blend of learning delivery methodologies from classroom, live-and-online or self-paced, to e-learning.
- Review and improve our onboarding process.
- Over time, apply your skills on a company level as well.
Level up our Knowledge Base
- Instructional Design
- Create new policies, guidelines and training materials when necessary
- Provide the team with the necessary tools to access our knowledge base and policies
- Establish workflows to keep training documents and knowledge base up to date
- Work closely with our game teams to anticipate upcoming training needs
- Experience in a learning and development role
- A solid background in CS
- Familiar with LMS and authoring tools
- Current knowledge of effective learning methodologies
- Ability to adapt concepts into effective, culturally-appropriate learning programs
- Ability to build rapport with employees and vendors
- Strong organisational skills
- Project management experience is a plus
- Experience working in the gaming industry is a plus
Why Space Ape is right for you
- Be a part of one of several small empowered teams who inspire and challenge one another in the pursuit of our mission
- Autonomy to make your own impact with the support to help it happen
- Designated ‘Ape Space’ creative time where you are free to work on game concepts and ideas away from your day to day
- The freedom to further your skill set the way you want with a generous training budget
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- An award winning studio that in 2017, 2018 & 2019 was crowned one of the best companies to work for in the UK by gamesindustry.biz.
- Help run and create games which bring joy to millions of players all over the world
- 4.7/5.0 Glassdoor rating - Check out our reviews
- Entered a long-term strategic partnership with Supercell in 2017
About Space Ape
At Space Ape we pride ourselves on our passion and the trust we place in our people. We look for driven, productive, team players who are relentless in their pursuit of our mission. There’s no bureaucracy here, we just get things done. Space Ape’s mission is to make the highest quality and most successful mobile games in the world. Founded in 2012 we’ve since launched four games: Samurai Siege, Rival Kingdoms, Transformers: Earth Wars and Fastlane: Road to Revenge. To date our games have been installed by over 60 million people across over 150 countries.
Our studio is currently 110 strong and built around the belief that small empowered teams make the best games. This philosophy enables us to innovate, move faster and have the creative ownership required to make the greatest games on mobile.
All communication regarding your application will be dealt with in line with our recruitment