This job might no longer be available.
14 days ago
As a Kubernetes Platform Developer, you'll be joining a distributed team within Ubisoft IT whose mission is empower Kubernetes users at Ubisoft. Your mandate will be to simplify the provisioning and operation of clusters on Ubisoft cloud. You’ll participate in engineering, deploying and operating a high-availability solution with hundreds of clusters. We leverage a DevOps mentality, working on Kubernetes and open-source products, automating deployments and infrastructure management.
- Solve complex problems, applying appropriate technologies and best practices;
- Build and operate the different components composing UKS with an emphasis on using documented, automated installation and support procedures;
- Develop the services to operate the platform;
- Improve continuous integration and delivery systems;
- Collaborate with other infrastructure teams to meet objectives;
- Work closely with teams to assess their requirements and ensure the platform is designed with operability and ease-of-use in mind;
- Foster cloud native architecture;
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards.
***Assume on-call shifts rotations once per month.
This team’s stack is Gitlab CI, Terraform, Openstack, Kubernetes/Docker, Rancher, Quay registry, Helm & helmfile, Bash, Python & Go, Prometheus & Grafana, Fluentbit, Elasticsearch & Kibana. We aren’t looking for someone who has all these skills, but someone who would like to work with this stack and is willing to learn.
- Hands-on experience working with Kubernetes, and experience with other container technologies, like Docker;
- Demonstrated experience with programming languages – such as Go, Python, or Java is a major asset;
- Experience building micro-services running on Kubernetes or Kubernetes operators;
- Experience with Linux OS and some cloud exposure would be a major asset;
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines automation – Gitlab is an asset;
- Other skills technologies mentioned above in the stack used by the team are considered a major asset.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.