This job might no longer be available.
Korean Linguistic Specialist/ LQA
Kuala Lumpur Wilayah Persekutuan
5 days ago
The Linguistic Specialist will be responsible for localizing the games into the Korean language.
The Linguistic Specialist will also involve in performing Korean language checking (LQA) of the games, ensuring the text is displayed correctly during the gameplay, detecting and reporting any linguistic flaws.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Localizing the games into the Korean language.
- Website localization and video subtitling.
- Identifying spelling, grammar, punctuation mistakes and other Korean language errors in the game.
- Looking for inconsistencies in texts and inaccurate translations.
- Hunting for wrong or missed-out content.
- Reporting bugs, language errors and making improvement suggestion.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Native level in Korean and fluent in English, particularly in writing and reading.
- Strong cultural understanding of Korea.
- Strong internet research skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite- Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Good communication skills and teamwork.
- Interesting or experience in the video gaming industry.
- Basic knowledge in using game engines such as Unreal Engine and Unity.
- Experience with using different software and applications.
- Skills in designing game user interferences (UI) or logo.
- Experience using CAT tools.
What we offer:
- You will be working for a leading game developer and a dominant player in the games industry in Malaysia. Also, you will be provided with full training and the opportunity to work on well-known video game IPs in the world.
- Be part of a development team to create game IPs where you can pitch your own ideas to be used in-game
- Relocation package for expatriates
- Competitive remuneration, holiday and annual leaves
- Regular team-building dinners and company-wide events (Game Nights)
- Sports and gym facility initiatives
- Full coverage health coverage (inpatient and outpatient)
- Located at the heart of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, in a state-of-the-art facility and modern equipment
- A multi-cultural and diverse team from all over the world
- Be part of a fun, young and fast-growing sector in Malaysia’s economy
- Learn from senior staff as they teach people specialized courses