Knowledge Manager - World of Warcraft
4 days ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Knowledge Manager - World of Warcraft
The World of Warcraft Development Team is seeking a full-time Knowledge Manager to help us organize and maintain our documentation. We need someone who can collaborate well with our team of amazing developers, and someone who can translate our tribal knowledge into useful and easily found documentation.
In this role, you will partner with developers to create and roll out strategies for creating user guides and tech docs, reorganize existing information to make it straightforward and easy to find, and help us foster a culture where the habit of documentation is central to our process.
We’re eager for you to join us on The World of Warcraft team! Come help us solve the exciting challenges in developing the most critically acclaimed MMO franchise in the world.
This is a full-time position at our office in Irvine, California.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Define clear, easy-to-follow documentation standards for game developers and our support team partners
- Create templates and structures to simplify the process of documentation as much as possible
- Support developers in creating technical documentation. Train and champion good habits
- Work across disciplines to understand the team’s knowledge gaps and develop plans and roadmaps to tackle them
- Collect and analyze metrics to understand where information flow can be improved
- Promote and contribute to a culture of inclusion and diversity
- Effectively communicate with developers of all disciplines
- A minimum of 3 years of experience
- Experience using and administrating online knowledge management tools
- 4-year degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in planning and writing technical and business documentation
- Degree in library science, information science, or similar field
- Web, video game development, or technology industry experience
- Fluency using Visio and other office tools
- Experience working with Confluence for managing documentation
- Experience working with a large, creative software development team
- Strong communication and excellent writing skills
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include why you are interested in working at Blizzard or on the World of Warcraft Team
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing a true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.