Knowledge Manager - Hearthstone
25 days ago
Job Title:Knowledge Manager - Hearthstone
If knowledge is power, then this job is as epic as they come. The Hearthstone team is looking for a knowledge manager to drive and organize the documentation of our game development and tools. This is a unique role requiring a unique mindset and focus.
Creative thinking is encouraged as we work together to create elegant solutions to unique problems. We're looking for a tenacious individual comfortable plying their craft in such an environment. In addition to enjoying the energy and pace of a dev team in full stride, you must be highly structured, rational, and have innate problem solving and research skills.
- Define documentation best practices for organization/quality and streamline ease of use for developer contributions
- Create templates and maintain organization of developer consumable design documentation for systems, features and content.
- Provide structure and support for developers writing technical documentation; champion good documentation habits and help people focus on important aspects to document.
- Engage with all disciplines to determine knowledge management needs and develop roadmaps for tackling those items.
- Analyze metrics to understand areas of information flow improvement.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Experience using knowledge management tools (Confluence preferred)
- Associate's degree in design, English, technical communications, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Equivalent experience / combined education can be substituted.
- Fluency using Visio and other office tools.
- Experience with Photoshop/Illustrator
- Deep analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience planning and writing technical and business documentation
- Experience working in a large creative team (software development preferred)
- Strong inter-department communicator
- Excellent writing skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in library science, information science, or a related field
- Web, video game development, or technology industry experience preferred
- Basic programming skills
- Passion for Blizzard games and video games in general