This job might no longer be available.
Junior Web Developer (PHP) (m/f/d)
11 months ago
Does the thought of working on a successful F2P game , maintaining the backend and implementing new features excite you?
As the new Junior Game Developer in team Farmerama you will work on one of our most successful MMO games. Your new role will allow you to create an awesome gaming experience for our dedicated players in close collaboration with the experienced members of one of Bigpoint’s key teams.
Farmerama is a browser-based game with a wacky spin on the farming genre. Players grow crops, rear animals and participate in events in a world composed of cute and funny animations. You would be welcomed into an open and friendly team that works together to create new events, introduce fresh features, and keep the game fun for years to come. Farmerama prides itself on player-focused production and prioritizes community interaction. Regular team meetings keep our business running smoothly, but we ensure a healthy balance with plenty of offline social activity opportunities.
Continue reading below to see if joining Team Farmerama would be a fit for you. We’re always looking to add perceptive, hard-working and friendly people to our family, so we can sow the seeds of success together!
- Work on the backend of a high-quality MMO game
- Build and extend a game interface to various central services like authentication, payment, landing pages and help optimize the players onboarding process
- Create and maintain the codebase as well as work with developers from different departments
- Contribute in the definition of requirements derived from game design documents and implement these features
- Cooperate with Project Management, Game Design and QA to ensure on-time high quality delivery
- Prioritize, multi-task and perform in a deadline oriented environment
- Please note that for this role all applicants must have a work permit for Germany at time of application and have to hold an appropriate visa if necessary
- You are graduating from an Apprenticeship as Software Developer, Web developer or similar
- You have 2+ years’ practical experience, ideally in games development or web development
- A University degree in the fields of Computer Science, Computer Engineering or comparable field is a plus
- You have a solid practical knowledge of PHP in a professional environment
- You have significant knowledge in working with frameworks and databases (e.g. MySQL)
- You are aware of XSS and other security concerns (e.g. SQL injections) and how to protect against them
- Experience in additional technologies such as C#, Flash, NodeJS and Unity is a plus
- As a true problem solver, you have good problem analysis skills and ability to find simple, robust and efficient solutions for complex issues
- You are a team player who enjoys working with other departments on shared goals
- Passion for games and understanding of games mechanics is crucial
- Fluent in written and spoken English