Junior UI Designer
20 days ago
As a Junior UI Designer at BULKHEAD, you will turn concepts and systems into intuitive and engaging experiences that enable players to interact with our game worlds and each other. You are collaborative by nature and enjoy working with others to develop concepts and ideas. You see challenges as opportunities to develop your own skills and are enthusiastic about honing your technical ability and expertise.
This is an in-studio role, and this is non-negotiable; however, we can offer bespoke relocation packages.
Currently, we are unable to offer any visa sponsorship.
If you have the skills and passion we are looking for and want to be part of something special, we want to hear from you!
- Create user flow documentation, wireframes, and interactive prototypes in Figma.
- Effectively apply colour theory and design principles to craft high fidelity & polished visual designs.
- Deliver wireframes, visual mock-ups and design specs.
- Import visual designs into UE5 and work within UMG to implement, test & iterate on designs.
- Review implementation to ensure it matches the vision.
- Use feedback from user testing to push iteration as needed.
- Collaboratively work with the UI/UX and Game Design team to develop concepts.
// REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A solid background and passion for UI design, you have a strong body of portfolio work.
- A high level of fluency in current graphic design and typographical trends, with a keen eye for composition, clarity, and usability.
- A can-do attitude and strong interpersonal skills. We want you to love collaborating with others to craft solutions and can provide constructive feedback when asked.
- Great time management and organisation skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; you’re able to present ideas clearly to audiences of varied experience levels.
- A real enthusiasm for creating incredible game UI that fits the project’s needs.
- UE4 / UE5 Experience.
// DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working with prototyping & graphics tools (Figma/Miro, Illustrator/Photoshop/After Effects/Premier)
- Experience writing Game Design Documentation (Confluence)
- Ability to create interactive UI materials & animations in engine.
- Experience working in engine with UE5, UMG and source control.
- A passion for First Person Shooters and developing videogames.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.