Junior Texture Artist / Texture Artist
4 days ago
About the role:
This role will be responsible for producing high-quality AAA texture work. You will plan, create and integrate textures and materials in Ubisoft's proprietary game engine. You will also communicate with 3D artists and collaboration teams.
- Working with your Lead, art teams, and Art director to create high-quality AAA textures & materials
- Follow a project’s artistic direction set by the Art Director/Lead when creating textures
- Adhere to specific texturing pipelines and adapt to constraints, implement and maintain texture and material pipeline
- Produce all required textures needed for game production, which includes tiling textures, texture atlases, and object-based textures
- Be proactive and work closely with modelers/lighting/level artists to adapt textures to their needs and constraints
- Use good judgment and expertise to optimize the number of textures that are produced and their uses
- Prioritize and manage day-to-day tasks to ensure deliverables are completed on time, within budget, and with production constraints
- Prepare and communicate texture planning and material lists based on the requirement, considering existing and new textures
- Researching new texture tools and techniques to create more efficient and visually appealing environments
- Solid experience with creating high-quality textures and materials for next-gen AAA game environments
- Expert skills in Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Photoshop, and other texturing tools like Quixel
- Solid understanding of PBR rendering, texture, material, and its relation with lighting
- Good sculpting skills in Zbrush, strong modeling skills in 3ds Max, and solid knowledge of UV unwrapping and layout
- Strong artistic sense with an eye for detail, composition, and value/color theory.
- Ability to accept feedback, adapt to change, and work under pressure
- Must be proactive, team player, and constant learner
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status and will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed, Watch Dogs, The Division, Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Rayman, Just Dance as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studios!
We favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit. If you have the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth
To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for talented candidates for its growing Indian studios!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.