Junior Technical Artist
7 days ago
PLAYSTUDIOS is the developer and operator of award-winning free-to-play casual games for mobile and social platforms. The company’s collection of original and published titles is powered by its groundbreaking playAWARDS loyalty marketing platform, which enables players to earn real-world rewards from a portfolio of global entertainment, retail, technology, travel, leisure, and gaming brands across 17 countries and four continents. Founded by a team of veteran gaming, hospitality, and technology entrepreneurs, PLAYSTUDIOS brings together beautifully designed mobile gaming content with an innovative loyalty platform in order to provide its players with an unequaled entertainment experience and its partners with actionable business insights. To learn more about PLAYSTUDIOS, visit playstudios.com
We’re looking for a Junior Technical Artist to help aid the KONAMI Art team. The ideal candidate will have an eye for quality. You will work with the creative team to help ensure the highest quality standards and reliability in our games. You are highly organized and a top-notch communicator and collaborator. Details are listed below.
- Organize and implement assets into Unity.
- Assist in the creation of VFX and animations.
- Aid in developing standards and processes in tandem with the Production and
- Work as a liaison between engineers, designers, and any non-technical artist to improve the production pipeline and enhance efficiency.
- Perform R&D for any new tech needed for feature implementation.
- Adhere to file structure in an artistic source, directory, and version management.
- Contribute to a culture of ownership and continual improvement through knowledge sharing and participation in agile development.
- Strong understanding of Unity and game development.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to work with cross-functional creative, technical, and senior teams.
- Knowledge of unity engine, with experience in 2D and 3D FX and animation.
- Ability to self-organize and lead implementation efforts.
- Strong ability to collaborate with other members of all departments.
- Ability to work within a schedule in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Team player and self-starter with a high level of initiative.
- Ability to work well with offsite cross-functional teams.
- Adept at problem-solving and able to adapt quickly to changing business needs/timelines to make decisions and meet quality standards.
- Passion for TA and enthusiastic game player and a passion for creating high quality and high production value games and gaming experiences.
- Portfolio show working knowledge of the Unity engine, 2D implementation as well as 3D
- Previous experience with games a plus
- Ability to write scripts for the various tools involved in the art-to-game pipeline a big plus
Benefits and Perks
- 100% health benefit coverage for you and your dependents!
- Performance-based bonuses.
- 401K plan and stock options.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Great downtown Austin location with extensive nearby dining options and vibrant nightlife.
- Employee-driven entertainment, happy hours, and team-building events.
- Catered lunches multiple times per week.
- Snacks and drinks available in the kitchen.
- Casual work environment.
- An open, collaborative workspace.
- Commuter benefits program.
- *** During COVID 19 we are currently working from home
PLAYSTUDIOS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be considered regardless of their sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.