Junior Technical Artist
6 days ago
Clipwire is one of Canada's fastest growing mobile video game companies and the creator of Bingo Story, the top grossing game by a Canadian developer. Founded in Toronto 10 years ago, we’ve had tremendous success and are poised for another decade of record growth. Our company is built on strong values, work ethic and intelligent data driven growth. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day which has allowed us to build a highly profitable suite of games which we continue to refine and improve every day. We like to think we’re making our moms proud.
Working at Clipwire means becoming part of the future right now. We have reached our current growth rate because we support, promote and develop our team so that they can make great games. Come find out what all the buzz is about!
As a Junior Technical Artist at Clipwire you'll be helping to grow Bingo Story into an even greater success than it is today! If you are a Technical Artist who loves and plays casual mobile games, we'd love to hear from you .
- Own the type data entry for the game: updating sprite paths, event data and other on-screen text as required
- Own the App Store submission process assisting in publishing and updating iOS and Android storefronts, and ensuring timely build submissions
- Review game-ready assets against technical requirements (size, location, naming), ensuring they are correct
- Work closely with developers and artists to bring assets into Unity and follow project hierarchy
- Keep an asset tracking document up to date
- Participate in playtesting with an eye to refining vision / workflows
- Participate in R&D to help problem-solve pipeline solutions
- Collaborate with programmers, designers and artists to discuss and understand game intentions and vision
- Update Jira tickets, spreadsheets, etc with correct paths as assets move through the pipeline)Help manage the start/end of game events by updating settings during release cycles
- We are looking to find candidates with a demonstrated aptitude for game design, which could be demonstrated through:
- Experience working at a game company
- Post-secondary degree in a game design related field
- Portfolio of personal game projects
- Knowledge of free-to-play game design fundamentals
- Outstanding verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Strong technical ability to quickly master new software tools
- Ability to adapt and hit deadlines in a fast-paced and creative environment
- Collaborative spirit and love of teamwork
- As bonus candidates would also offer:
- A working knowledge of an established game engine, such as Unity
- Experience with spreadsheets, tools and technical interfaces, image editors, scripting tools, and flowchart software.
Clipwire is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.