Junior Technical Artist (Unreal Engine)
3 months ago
ABOUT GUNZILLA GAMES
Founded in 2020, Gunzilla Games is a fresh, independent developer working on its next-generation multiplayer shooter IP in three metropolitan locations: Frankfurt, Germany (HQ); Los Angeles, USA; and Kyiv, Ukraine. The company is helmed by Ex-Crytek board member, CSO Alexander Zoll, together with serial entrepreneur and CEO, Vlad Korolev. Gunzilla is built on the desire to innovate and push the limits of the industry.
Gunzilla’s formidable team of talent come from a variety of industry-leading studios and publishers, including Ubisoft, Electronic Arts (EA), THQ and more. Oscar-nominated screenwriter, director and producer Neill Blomkamp joined Gunzilla as Chief Visionary Officer. In addition, the team features industry veterans like video game writer Olivier Henriot who helped shape the story of such notable games such as Assassin’s Creed, The Division, Far Cry and many more, and Richard K. Morgan, the author of the Altered Carbon series, which has since been adapted into a popular Netflix show. Gunzilla’s Chief Technology Officer Timur Davidenko led the development of CryEngine as Technical Director, and worked on Far Cry, Warface and Crysis. Art Director Jussi Keteli was involved in the iconic Gears of War series, Star Citizen and Hunt: Showdown.
- Work with Design and Art to create best practices and optimal workflows for level building
- Analyse memory/performance concerns throughout a project's development
- Create efficient and user-friendly Master Materials and Material Functions for use in-game
- Streamline workflow by proactively finding solutions and by working with production teams
- Research and develop prototypes for Unreal Engine pipelines and help bring your co-workers’ ideas to life
- Work together with the Technical Art team as the problem-solving unit of the project
- Broad understanding of the Unreal Engine such as Blueprints, Level Streaming, or Profiling
- A good understanding of C++ and Unreal Engine’s Editor C++ API
- A good understanding of modern Rendering Techniques
- Expert knowledge of major performance related topics
- Able to collaborate and work well with teams from various disciplines
- Take ownership of shippable quality content/systems that are memory efficient and performant
- Ability to think out-of-the-box to overcome technical challenges
- Flexible Working & Work from Home
- Health Insurance
- Revenue Based Bonuses
- English / German Courses
- 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Public Transportation
- Relocation & Accommodation Support
- Office Perks & Gym Membership
COME AS YOU ARE
Videogames are for everyone, so everyone should have the opportunity to create them. We’re looking for a huge variety of unique life experiences to help shape the worlds we’re developing, so promise your application will be given the same consideration as everyone else’s, regardless of your background. Let’s make video game history together!
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Here’s what you can expect when applying at Gunzilla.
· Simply fill in the registration form and send us your CV & Portfolio, if applicable
· If your selected, you’ll be contacted by our recruitment team for a Zoom call.
· After this the next steps would be Hiring manager and Team Zoom interviews, or you’ll be invited to meet us at our recruiting studio.
· Some roles require a competency test, which the recruitment team will support you on.
· Following your interview, we’ll contact you either way.
· If the interview went well but we feel you aren’t suited to the specific role, we’ll retain your details (with your permission) for future consideration.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.