Junior Software Engineer | Minecraft
Burnaby, British Columbia
6 days ago
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite , connect players across platforms in Minecraft , unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena . SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite , projects in the Minecraft Universe , supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena , and original title, Stela . As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 180 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
SkyBox Labs is currently seeking a Junior Software Engineer to join our team working on projects within the Minecraft universe! This is an exciting opportunity to work on a variety of build infrastructure and automation pipelines supporting multiple platforms. Come put your knowledge and skills to use in a fun and dynamic game development environment, while also being given continuous opportunities for learning and growth.
- Collaborate with a team of engineers to assist with build infrastructure and automation pipelines
- Test software, address bug issues and identify performance issues
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback on how to develop and improve processes, tools and workflows
- Execute on software development tasks independently, but still know when to ask for help
- Push the boundaries of what you know by learning new technologies and systems to meet our technical and business needs
- Personal or professional game development experience (we love to see your personal projects!)
- A Github account (or similar) with up-to-date code samples
- Fluency in C++
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills with a quick ability to learn new tasks
- A commitment to self-direction, collaboration and constant improvement
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Knowledge of CMake and/or MSBuild
- Experience with DevOps, automation pipelines or continuous iteration
- A passion for games!
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 180+ person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.