Junior Software Developer in Test (SDET)
London, United Kingdom
3 months ago
Mediatonic are looking to grow our Automation and Tools Engineering Team.
As a Junior SDET you would work with other Principle Engineers, SDET, QA Manager and other stakeholders in the studio to extend test tooling and create automated tests.. Being part of a multi-discipline team we’ll also expect you to keep abreast of technologies outside your area and grow in your role.
We’re looking for someone who has the following:
- Good programming skills in C# and / or C++, with a good understanding of OOP and coding best practices.
- Experience with Python
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Familiarity with game engines like Unity (preferably) or Unreal.
- A strong passion for computer games programming
- Experience using source control systems such as SVN, Git or Perforce.
- Loves games and working in a game dev environment!
- Familiarity of testing using a cloud service (e.g. Amazon device farm)
- A knowledge of Agile QA and the Scrum methodology
- Understanding and experience working with CI environments such as Jenkins and / or Teamcity
- Familiarity with JUnit or NUnit with Unity Test Runner
- Knowledge of multiple platforms, including iOS, Android and Windows 10
Mediatonic is a one of the UK's largest independent game makers with around 150 exceptionally talented and seriously hardworking people who devote their careers to crafting awesome original games. We produce around three new titles every year and deliver them to millions of players with backing from the UK’s top industry veterans and carefully selected partners.
You’ll find our games on Smartphones, Console and PC platforms being enjoyed by millions of people all over the world!
Working with us
Above all, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry. We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term. Working in an ambitious teams we strive to create an open, down-to-earth workplace.
Our studios are based in the heart of central London, Brighton and Madrid and all have their own games rooms and fully stocked fridge. You’ll find plenty of social events and activities during and outside of work time including game and pizza nights, game jams, tech talks, pub trips and office lunches.
Applying for this role
We receive thousands of applications every year. As a small recruitment team we try our very best to respond to everyone that applies but we don’t always get this right. We know how hard it is to find the right role and we’re very grateful for every application that we receive.
Here’s some advice when applying to Mediatonic…
A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about is essential to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic with at least one member of our recruitment team.