This job might no longer be available.
Junior Software Developer - Pipeline
19 days ago
We're looking for a Junior Software Developer to join our Pipeline team. You would be helping us advance and maintain our existing Pipeline across our Film, Episodic and Virtual Production Departments, with a view to increased artist flexibility, and working towards the unification of our Pipeline across all of Technicolor Creative Studios. You will be working alongside developers at our other studios (Mill Advertising, Mikros Animation), to provide tailor-cut, high end services for the world's best storytellers, and operating at the highest level of quality across massive scales of turnaround for tens of thousands of shots every year.
The VFX Pipeline is at the heart of every production and is a key part in helping our artists deliver amazing work; if you are passionate about data, architecture, and artist workflows, and want to make meaningful contributions to one of the most productive environments in the industry, we want to hear from you!
- Work with a mix of local and remote team members to ensure realistic planning, scheduling, and regular deliveries to your team's stakeholders
- Under the guidance of Senor members of the team, assist with implementing core parts of the technology stack between the backend and asset/shot authoring (with feedback or overlap on the neighboring stack elements as necessary/comfortable)
- Work with your team to improve and conform tools and workflows to fulfill the needs of our creative partners
- Produce user documentation and contribute to stakeholder demonstrations
- Provide some level of operational support for the pipeline as required
- Taking responsibility for code quality, always leaving projects in better state than before you started work.
Required Skills and Experience
- STEM Degree or demonstrable equivalent knowledge; as related to problem solving, analysis, and system design
- Some experience with structured development operations (ticketing, reportage, version control etc.)
- Knowledge of language and environment in C++ or Python
- Some knowledge operating and implementation for a VFX Centric DCC (Maya, Houdini)
- Understanding of and the ability to operate in a structured DevOps context
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Nice to Have
The following are not essential to be successful in the role, however prior experience or the desire to grow in these areas will be of benefit:
- Some experience with Computer Graphics in a VFX or AAA Game setting.
- Some experience in a pipeline or tool development role.
- Basic skills in GUI/UX development
- Some experience using Python for desktop applications, service backends or development infrastructure.
- Knowledge of a game engine, operation and/or development (Unreal preferred)
- Highly committed and able to transition between independent work and team participation.
- Positive attitude towards learning, sharing and mentoring.
- Organized and methodical with an ability to communicate efficiently within a technical team.
- Collaborative and team-oriented approach to product development, working with teams across locations, timezones and cultures.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious software developer looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to email@example.com and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
Technicolor Creative Studios shares are admitted to trading on the regulated market of Euronext Paris (TCHCS)
Technicolor Creative Studios is a creative technology company providing world-class production expertise driven by one purpose: The realization of ambitious and extraordinary ideas. Home to a network of award-winning studios, MPC, The Mill, Mikros Animation and Technicolor Games, we inspire creative companies across the world to produce their most iconic work.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Our global teams of artists and technologists partner with the creative community across film, television, animation, gaming, brand experience and advertising to bring the universal art of storytelling to audiences everywhere.