This job might no longer be available.
Junior Security Engineer Intern
12 days ago
Job Posting TitleJunior Security Engineer Intern
SummaryWe are seeking an intern for the Global Information Security Architecture & Engineering group for a hands-on role in learning to deploy and manage security controls for a global organization. You will have the opportunity to learn from our security architects & engineers how we deploy and manage security controls during the internship period, including hands on activities in support of our goals to scale, integrate, and automate security controls in the enterprise. You will also assist in the management of security controls and tools for the company, including providing recommendations for configuration changes in support of risk reduction.
The purpose of the Aristocrat Cybersecurity internship is to give current college students the exposure and experience necessary to get their career off the ground. Interns will help provide solutions to real-world security problems and develop their network while working with a global cybersecurity team.
What You'll Do
- The internship will encompass 10-12 weeks over the summer, and the intern will be placed into a department within the Americas that best matches their background and skillset with the needs of the business
- Maintain timely and accurate reporting on weekly basis for own work and that of the group, learning how to communicate effectively to, and for, executive level management
- Contribute to updates of global information security policies, standards, and technical security requirements
- Assist with the management and configuration of security controls for endpoints, cloud environments, and identity platforms
- Support the tracking of information security deficiencies, or opportunities for security risk improvement
- Provide regular reporting on assigned tasks to security management team
What We're Looking For
- Current student enrolled in an applicable cybersecurity major, graduating between December 2023 and June 2024
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA cumulative
- Only applicants 21 years of age or older will be considered
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to connect through listening, dialogue freely, and verbalize ideas effectively
- Strong technical skills in area of study
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Interest in gaming industry
- Self-motivated, eager to learn, and willing to take on tasks while growing and maturing in the ever-changing cybersecurity risk environment
- Must possess a flexible, confident, low-ego, highly collaborative presence, motivated by results, urgency, and personal commitment, and possessing high integrity and exceptional work ethic
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office/production equipment
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Strong interest in Cybersecurity architecture, engineering, and administration disciplines
- Real-world experience in communication of security risk to stakeholders
- Have or currently pursuing highly sought-after security certifications, such as CISSP, CCSP, CISA, etc.
Aristocrat is a world leader in gaming content and technology, and a top-tier publisher of free-to-play mobile games. We deliver great performance for our B2B customers and bring joy to the lives of the millions of people who love to play our casino and mobile games. And while we focus on fun, we never forget our responsibilities. We strive to lead the way in responsible gameplay, and to lift the bar in company governance, employee wellbeing and sustainability. We’re a diverse business united by shared values and an inspiring mission to bring joy to life through the power of play.
We aim to create an environment where individual differences are valued, and all employees have the opportunity to realize their potential. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, cultural background, disability status or LGBTQ+ identity. We offer a range of flexible working options through all.flex, our flexible hybrid work model and invite you to have a conversation with us about flexible working. EEO M/F/D/V
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.