Junior Regulatory and Compliance Lawyer
7 days ago
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
We have a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, and we’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales which is based in France. We have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee has been recognised with the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership awards from TIGA (The Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth!
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
As a Junior Regulatory and Compliance Lawyer, you will ensure the firm and individuals within the firm maintain and promote the highest standards of legal and regulatory compliance.
What you tell your friends you do I am responsible for regulatory compliance checks at the world’s most successful game publisher.
What you will really be doing
- Ensuring Kwalee complies with regulatory and legal requirements, organizational policies, and standards, and creating and implementing procedures to comply with regulations applicable to Kwalee.
- Ensuring that the company is equipped with internal controls that adequately measure and manage the risks it faces and having appropriate disciplinary measures in place in the event of a regulatory breach in order to avoid a future recurrence.
- Regularly advising directors and stakeholders of Kwalee to ensure they are in compliance with the applicable regulations.
- Maintaining open lines of communication with all relevant decision-makers and stakeholders in order to keep all parties informed of regulatory changes and to identify and manage regulatory risk.
- Providing subject matter expertise and coverage of new and amended rules and regulations, enforcement notices, regulatory guidance, and other regulatory publications impacting Kwalee’s businesses in the territories where Kwalee's offices are situated.
- Performing compliance audits and compiling reports and conducting timely audits and ensuring all deviations if any are highlighted and closed
- Ensure the company’s policy is in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and codes of practice in various regions.
- Evaluate the existing data protection framework and identify areas of non or partial compliance and rectify any issues
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and Requirement
- Qualified lawyer with a minimum of 1 year of experience in regulatory and compliance.
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance in different jurisdictions where Kwalee offices are located.
- Experience in dealing with different regulatory and compliance frameworks and facilitating the same.
- Ability to work independently and to build relationships and influence at all levels, including C-Suite stakeholders.
- Excellent document control and preparing regulatory, licensing and compliance documents.
- Naturally inquisitive, analytical, highlighting risks based on findings
- Producing and reviewing regular reporting submitted by/to gaming authorities and carrying out projects related to the regulatory scope (ethics, responsible gaming, Anti-Money-Laundering, data protection).
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality and data security standards
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative in all parts of the operation.
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.