This job might no longer be available.
Big Viking Games
Toronto ON CA
6 months ago
A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. Operating out of studios in both the heart of downtown Toronto and London Ontario, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company and we are committed to providing a happy and comfortable working environment for them to flourish. Vikings are given the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come.
We are at the beginning of a new adventure and rely on our team of skilled, enthusiastic, and collaborative Vikings to turn our ship towards a new horizon. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join us on this new journey and help hoist the sails!
The Nitty Gritty:
Big Viking Games is looking for a Junior Recruiter to join our growing HR Team. You will be the Viking to help our horde! Reporting to the VP People, this role will be based out of our Toronto, ON studio.
- Assist in recruit efforts for current open positions and backfills
- Build and maintain a high value network through proactive engagement tactics and ongoing relationship management
- Engage, coordinate and represent BVG at school and recruitment events
- Engage with recruitment agencies and external recruiters
- Conduct in-depth interviews with candidates; work closely with hiring managers to determine the requirements and hiring process
- Assist with the on-boarding of new employees; setting up required training and documentation for employee files, etc.
- Participate in ideation, development and execution of recruitment strategy, processes and best practices.
The Must Haves:
- 1 years of full cycle recruitment experience or equivalent, preferably in a technical and/or start up environment
- Excellent communication and analytical skills; able to present with a strong business focus to various stakeholders within the company
- Passion for games and technology or innovation
- Strong emphasis on delivery positive and great candidate experiences
- A curiosity and love for networking with new people everyday
- A track record of strong work ethic, integrity and great attention to detail
The Nice to Haves:
- Human Resource Management, Psychology or Business Graduate is an asset
- Experience recruiting to a competency model with job matrix
- Experience with Google Hire or other ATS system would be preferred
- Competitive salary, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches or Ritual credits. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers.
Becoming a Viking:
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love everyday sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter
Big Viking Games is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we pride ourselves on a culture that values and respects the dignity of all people. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.