Junior QA Tester (f/m/d)
13 days ago
We are Kolibri Games - a mobile games developer from Berlin. Our games have over 100 million downloads and we are on a mission to become the most player-centric games studio out there.
We believe in players, creating value, learning, but, most of all, we believe in people. We strive to offer you a fair recruitment process and a great candidate experience, as well as a friendly environment to work in, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. Help us bring joy to people, we promise you will have fun by doing so :)
Junior QA Tester (f/m/d)
We are looking for someone who loves working in cross-department teams in a fast-paced, agile environment.
Join our QA team and take ownership of the quality and stability for our games’ newest features while working in strong collaboration with developers, game designers, artists, and product managers.
Broaden your game development knowledge to master finding bugs, figuring out their details, analysing their root causes and contributing to their solutions.
- Test smaller features independently, and larger ones as well as SDK integrations together with the support of your team
- Investigate the root-cause of bugs and contribute to possible solutions by working closely with developers and our community managers
- Find and report bugs to developers and product managers, owning prioritization and regression testing
- Creating testmaps and tickets, owning them until their completion
- Consulting design documents and technical documentation, creating and updating them when necessary
- Basic knowledge of agile software development principles
- Understanding of all teams involved in software development and publishing and their responsibilities
- A good understanding of mobile technology
- Prior experience in software testing or a degree in a software development or gaming related field
- Knowledge of Google Drive/Microsoft Office products
- Be a creative thinker who can quickly and thoroughly identify and test for ‘edge cases’ outside of expected functionality
- Be a strong team player and communicator who excels when working closely together with others, both receiving and providing help
- Prior Game Design experience
- Prior experience in game testing
- Prior experience in adjacent fields (Technical Customer Service, Project Management, …)
- Basic programming skills is a plus
- Practical experience with any game engine
- Basic competence in SQL
- Experience with Atlassian tools
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We come from 25 different countries and many different backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of their age, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, physical appearance or disability.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English. Although it is not mandatory, we always appreciate a cover letter stating your motivation to join us.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Your Benefits – We’re game to support you
- Competitive Salary - We believe that top performers should receive top payment
- Training Budget - We believe in learning. A generous personal learning budget to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops and attending conferences. We also offer in-house training such as coding and German classes
- Flexible working hours and Home office – We believe in a good work-life balance
- Equipment - State-of-the-art technical equipment, including laptops and phones, which may also be used in your free time
- Health and Fitness - We pay a contribution towards a monthly gym membership or a fitness activity
- Relocation - Relocation support to help you move to Berlin
- Pension - Opportunity to save for your pension tax-free
Bonus Level – We love to have a good time, too
- Food and Drinks - Fresh fruits to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert. We also have a fully stocked fridge with Smoothies, Coke, Club Mate, beer etc
- Parties and Team Events - Apart from our regular parties, BBQ’s and movie nights we also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun
- Company Holidays - Every year we go on an amazing company holiday to relax and bond as a team
- Friday Celebrations - Company-provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons