This job might no longer be available.
Junior QA Tester
6 months ago
Do you want to be part of making and maintaining great mobile games and being the gatekeeper for player experience? Do you enjoy understanding systems and breaking them? Next Games is the best place to create highly engaging mobile games with the brightest people in the gaming industry. We’re looking for a Junior QA Tester with a passion for mobile games and eagerness to take on the next big challenge: To help our teams deliver high quality gaming service experiences to the players.
We appreciate people who take pride in their work and are persistent, not giving up until the job is done. In order to succeed with us you need to have a proactive mindset, pay close attention to detail and want to understand the root cause and solution not just focusing on the symptoms.
The position is fixed-term for 10 months, with the opportunity to turn into a permanent position. You will have a chance to help multiple game teams depending on where is the highest need.
As an ideal candidate, you are able to understand what is important in a game on high level as well as in a very detailed level. You will become an expert within the project and understand how everything works in the game as well as in the supporting functions. You are able to use various tools to test challenging functionality effectively. Communicating with designers and developers regarding the functionality of the game is natural for you.
Your key responsibilities and accountabilities include:
- Find out the ins and outs of game projects and their related support services
- Test exciting new features while making sure existing functionality stays amazing
- Execute various test suites to verify the functionality of existing functionality
- Communicate and document the results of the testing so that the team can make good decisions
- Work together with the game teams
Your skills and experience include:
- 2+ years of experience in similar roles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Great attention to detail as well as understanding the big picture
- Ability to learn new tools, systems and workflows
- Good skills in mathematics
- Basic understanding of game development process
- Basic understanding of testing practices
- Bachelor-level degree or ongoing studies in a suitable field
- Passion for playing and making great F2P mobile games
- Ability to take responsibility of you work
- Ability to take feedback and build on it
Our core values – Caring, Curiosity, and Courage – guide us in our efforts, so these should be close to your heart as well. We aim high here at Next Games and will ask you to do the same. In exchange, you’ll be part of a team that is great to work with, who is dedicated and passionate about what we do – we believe passion is contagious. Giving each Nextgamer the tools and means to succeed in their job is our priority.
We believe the fruits of our labor should be shared with everyone at Next Games. We offer the opportunity to work with a diverse bunch of passionate and dedicated people, a competitive salary and benefits package, but first and foremost a big challenge.
Does this sound like you? Send your CV and cover letter along with your salary request through the link below as soon as possible but latest by 17th December 2019.