This job might no longer be available.
Junior QA Engineer
20 days ago
Job TitleJunior QA Engineer
SummaryAs a Junior QA Engineer, you will work on one of our exciting upcoming flagship games.
You will be on the frontline to build and develop new governance to ensure best quality practices are carried out at all times. You will use a range of technical and non technical tools to test new and changing content before they reach our customers, ensuring the utmost quality from start to finish.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with the development team to ensure builds / releases are to the quality needed at varying stages of the development cycle
- Collaborate with other QA personnel, both in Montreal and offshore, while working closely with the business to build and maintain bridges between different studios
- Run appropriate levels of testing applicable to any given release, offering the correct level of coverage and efficiency while ensuring quality bars are being met
- Seek, highlight and document issues encountered via our bug tracking system
- Flag potential gaps in the creation, maintenance and implementation of dedicated test suites, sessions and associated test cases
- Participate in kick off meetings to contribute quality concerns and needs from the beginning
- Drive static testing against documentation, encouraging sufficient information to build accurate test cases from
- Help drive QA ceremonies from within the team
- Work closely with your respective QA Lead to manage your time according to the business’ needs and the products roadmaps, jumping between responsibilities as and when required
- Manage your testing on an array of devices and OS’s tailored to Product Madness’ audience and needs
- Contribute to attaining the teams yearly goals through ownership and tracking of personal / team objectives
- Follow escalation procedures when a serious bug has been identified
- Monitor app health on a regular basis via tools such as New Relic and GameBench, flagging and investigating concerning trends where applicable
What We're Looking For
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of JIRA and / or similar bug tracking tools
- Knowledge of Testrail and / or similar test suite management tools
- Strong verbal/written communication & an excellent attention to detail
- Strong time management, accountability and organisational skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Flexible to an agile setup with the ability to multitask
- JIRA and Confluence
- Xcode Instruments
Benefits & Perks:
Flexibility: Flexible working schedules & Hybrid mode (2 days/week in office)
Health Benefits: Health care coverage on your first day of employment with competitive plans paid 100% by Product Madness and virtual Health care offered
Wellbeing: Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Time Off: 4 weeks + 10 personal/sick days
Financial Benefits: 100% match up to 4% on Group RRSPs + SuperShare eligibility where for every 2 Aristocrat Technologies (ATI) shares you buy, up to the set maximum, you will receive 1 for free (in 2 years’ time)
Team Member Assistance Fund: Up to $1,000 annually in financial support if you fall on hard times and need financial assistance
Free lunch in the office
Access to Linkedin Learning
Fun monthly team building events
+ Many More !
Why Product Madness ?
You will be joining a global powerhouse where you will be part of a world-class talented team that creates remarkable hit games such as Heart of Vegas, Lightning Link, Cashman Casino, Mighty Fu, and Big Fish Casino. The success of these titles has led to over 400 million downloads and more than 50 million active users. But there is no stopping us there, we also have a new games team that is working on bringing new hit games to the market. Product Madness is an Aristocrat Technologies company within its digital games division of Pixel United.
Outstanding growth has seen us build Product Madness to more than 800 team members and counting, you can join one of our seven global talent hubs including London, USA, Canada, Spain, Poland, Ukraine & Israel.
You will be part of a company that is not only Mad about games but Mad about our people. Living by our value of people first, you will feel this firsthand from the moment you step into one of our fantastic studios. This is made possible by our amazing studio experience team who help make Product Madness such a fun place to work. Be it arranging endless snacks, weekly breakfasts & lunches, lavish Christmas & summer parties, happy hour drinks, social get-togethers and so much more.
So what is stopping you from coming and joining the Madness?
People FirstWe have the deepest respect for our people and their well being. We know they are exceptionally talented and will always have a choice. We want them to re-choose us every day. We are committed to building a culture where each person's voice will always be heard and addressed.
MAD for MoreAlways improving, innovating and never settling for the existing. We push all boundaries with courage and ambition to become the world’s best games company.
Globally InclusiveWe are all Equal - regardless of the language we speak, where we live, our gender, religion or culture we come from. We want to build a global home, where everyone has the equal opportunity to make an impact.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Customer FocusedWe always think from the customer's perspective - be it players or internal customers.Improving their experience and joy is what drives us. Every client's success is our big win!