This job might no longer be available.
Junior Programmer - SUMO DIGITAL, LEAMINGTON SPA
Royal Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
6 months ago
Founded in early 2019, Sumo Leamington is the most recent member of the award-winning Sumo Digital family. We’re one of Sumo’s seven game development studios located across the UK and India, and we have an immediate goal of building an industry-leading team here in Royal Leamington Spa.
Managed by industry veterans with ground-breaking titles under their belts, the studio needs to hire the right colleagues to meet our exciting objectives. Whether you’re an industry veteran or straight out of university, we could have a career-defining role for you. If you want to create great games that people will play for years to come, and be there at the beginning of something we know will be truly special, join our team. We look forward to speaking with you!
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo , winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio ; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
In your new role you will:
- Work with the Programming team and Production to achieve the highest possible quality products
- Write high quality code
- Work with designers to implement gameplay and user interface elements to their specifications
- Liaise with Quality Assurance to fix bugs
- Maintain stability of development environment for the entire development team
- Adhere to and enforce programming Practices and Studio tech standards.
- Always be thinking about how we can be better
To be successful you will have:
- A Batchelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or the equivalent in experience
- Familiarity with C++ or C#, and a basic foundation in computer science
- The confidence to write and debug your code independently.
- Excellent communication skills
- An interest or experience working with server technologies.
You will also need to:
- Think critically, and apply analytical skills in resolving complex issues
- Care about the games we are making and how they can be the best quality possible
- Find and fix complex bugs in any area of the project
- Create and own complex systems from start to finish
- Author technical designs and best practices
- Meet deadlines designated for team projects
- Constantly strive to learn and improve, with mentoring and training from the wider team
As part of the Sumo Digital family, we’re able to offer a super benefits package including generous holidays and flexible working hours. Further perks include our legendary annual Sumo Big Day Out, plus epic Christmas parties, vouchers on your birthday and free fruit for everyone! Our new, regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - staff spend a full day developing and pitching their own game ideas for possible development by Sumo (this led to the recently released Snake Pass, so it’s a genuine commitment to allowing staff to pitch ideas upwards to the highest levels).
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We’re in the amazing position of building a brand new team, and creating a studio culture that’s all about passion, respect, diversity, fun and togetherness. We’re looking for people that love what they do and love to share their enthusiasm with each other.