Junior Product Marketing Manager
23 days ago
Junior Product Marketing Manager EMEA – RGG Studio and other SEGA IP
Hybrid – 2 days per week in the office, 3 days flexible.
Based at SEGA HQ in Brentford, London.
SEGA of America (SOA) is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with its HQ based in Irvine, California, and a dedicated EMEA publishing team in London.
The EMEA Junior Product Marketing Manager (RGG Studio and other SEGA IP) is a newly created role and will join an expanding EMEA Product Marketing team to support the continued growth and development of SEGA of America titles to maximise the lifecycle of each launch across an ever-changing video games market. Reporting to the EMEA Product Marketing Managers and collaborating closely with the US Brand Pillar teams and other cross-functional teams based in EMEA, North America, and Japan, you will support the product management process across designated SEGA IP and the RGG Studio portfolio which includes the multi-million selling and award-winning Yakuza franchise.
We believe that delivering the best games relies on having the best people, so we are constantly investing in our people through our benefits package, flexible working, and our community-focused, people-centric culture. Our industry-leading compensation and benefits include competitive salary and bonus schemes, private medical insurance, private dental insurance, health screening, electric car scheme, home technology scheme, Microsoft package discounts, and much more!
You will have some experience in a product marketing role within a multinational organisation and will be capable of supporting the planning and execution of marketing campaigns to drive the success of product lifecycles. You will have experience working cross-functionally with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and managing multiple agencies. You will be detail-oriented, highly organised, and will possess strong time management skills enabling you to thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Marketing planning and execution: under the guidance of the EMEA Product Marketing Managers, you will support devising & executing effective, innovative, and best-in-class EMEA GTM Plans for the RGG Studio and other SEGA IP product portfolio to meet/exceed set commercial goals and marketing campaign KPIs.
- Cross-functional team collaboration: working with the central and regional PR, Influencer, Community, Commercial, Trade, Events, Digital teams, and many others, you will help planning & executing all initiatives as per agreed KPIs under the stewardship of the EMEA Product Marketing Managers.
- Campaign assets production and localisation: assist the creative production of marketing assets (both physical and digital) in tandem with the internal Creative Services team and external agencies to allow a timely delivery to campaign partners. You will ensure all EMEA campaign material requirements are briefed, produced, and approved in a timely manner to deliver the EMEA strategy effectively as per the campaign roadmap for each product.
- Local territory distributor collaboration: Meet local territory-specific campaign requirements and work with distributors to develop BTL and trade plans maximising retail exposure for new releases and back catalogue.
- Budget management: support the EMEA Product Marketing Managers in tracking large product budgets effectively throughout the product lifecycle.
- Trade marketing support: assist local distribution partners to drive retail sales pre and post-launch by delivering their local promotional asset requirements as needed.
- Consumer and trade shows: support and/or attend all planned consumer and trade shows as needed, including planning and execution.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 1-2+ years’ experience in a marketing role within gaming, entertainment, or consumer products.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in the field.
- Marketing campaign planning and execution experience, including budgeting.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to support initiatives with a focus on KPI / ROI metrics.
- Independent with the drive to take initiative with limited supervision.
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience working with Japanese corporations (not required, but a plus).
- Positive, professional, collaborative, and flexible attitude.
- A team player open to flexible hours, willing to work with multiple cross-functional departments across multiple time zones.
- Pro-activeness to think ahead and identify tasks that need to be carried out and the motivation to complete them on own initiative.
- A natural passion for the video games industry and knowledge of major Japanese video game franchises is a bonus but not essential
- Ability to work in person in Brentford, West London in a hybrid model with some ad-hoc domestic and international travels as required.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
At SEGA, we celebrate diversity and believe in a diverse, inclusive, and equitable world in which everyone feels valued and respected regardless of what they look like or where they come from. Whether you’re a prospective employee or a full-time member of staff, we want you to feel involved and supported in all aspects of our work and to have amazing opportunities during your time with us regardless of your background. We welcome people regardless of age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, neurotype, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
SEGA is a place where staff have a voice which is integral to our success as a business. Our inclusive, passionate people are empowered to educate, inform and build awareness through our inclusion and well-being staff-led values groups which include DEN (Disability Employee Network), RISE (Reinforcing Inclusion through Solidarity and Equality), Women at SEGA, PRIDE, SEGA Minds (group supporting mental health), Momiji (group that celebrates our Japanese heritage, language, and culture) and VIBE (our social and engagement committee).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.