Junior Outsource Artist (Temp) - Vicarious Visions
10 days ago
Job Title:Junior Outsource Artist (Temp) - Vicarious Visions
As a game studio that’s been around for 3 decades, Vicarious Visions has a vibrantly colorful and prestigiously successful past of guitar-playing, pro-skating, and Wumpa fruit-hoarding. As a new member of the Blizzard family, we alsohave an exhilarating future ahead of us. We are more excited than ever to join in the making of Blizzard franchises that are known and treasured around the world.
Our studio, located in beautiful upstate New York, provides developers a safe, warm environment to hone their skills and become leaders of their craft. Creativity and innovation are cornerstones of our practice, and we nurture new ideas from all of our people. Crucially, we are a family of uniquely individual voices, and we have fostered a culture of diversity and inclusivity. We thrive on collaboration, respect, and fun. Join us!
Vicarious Visions is wholly owned by Activision Blizzard. To learn more about
our studio, please visit us at www.vvisions.com and @VvisionsStudio on Twitter
This is a temporary position at our office in Albany, New York.
Looking to make your debut as an artist developing games this is the opportunity for you
The Outsourcing Artist is an art generalist position responsible for bridging the communication between internal stakeholders and external art vendors. A candidate should have thorough knowledge of game development art platforms, strong attention to detail, and the ability to synthesize technical and aesthetic feedback into clear direction. Equal parts production artist and logistics manager, the outsourcing artist balance art, production, and studio relationships to make sure that assets are always moving forward smoothly.
*This position is an initial 1-year assignment with the possibility for extension.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Creates communication and feedback between art leads, technical artists, and the Art Outsourcing Manager to bring vendor developed art assets into the game at the highest quality level.
- Track the assets using the studio production tools and procedures.
- Owns quality control over incoming art assets and asset ingestion into the game.
- Identifies asset development trends and communicates art issues to the Art Outsourcing Manager and vendors.
- Portfolio that demonstrates proficiency in Maya, Z-Brush, Substance Painter and Photoshop.
- Clear communication skills that can encapsulate both aesthetic and technical feedback.
- Experience in game asset creation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Arts a plus.
- Love of games required!