This job might no longer be available.
Junior Narrative Designer
19 days ago
WHAT YOUR JOURNEY WILL BE
- Understand the intentions of the creative director in order to put his/her vision into words;
- Develop and evolve scripts from narrative story lines, character development and other narrative foundations;
- Collaborate with various internal teams such as Gameplay, Cinematics, Audio to realize a cohesive and engaging narrative experience;
- Ensure alignment with the creative direction and lead content designers when developing all world, character, reference, locations, and script elements with designers and writers;
- Write script so that team members from different crafts have a point of reference;
- Detail the general story as a storyline in a way that includes all of the decisions that a player could possibly make;
- Create character descriptions;
- Describe the places and atmospheres;
- Structure the dialogues based on gameplay events;
- Write the script for the cinematics, scripted events and all in-game dialogue;
- Write the other game texts (menus, displayed texts);
- Work in close collaboration with the team members who oversee the design of the narrative;
- Review scripts, read-throughs, recorded dialogue and provide revisions based upon personal assessments and internal/external feedback;
- Provide feedback on narrative design that best serves the development of compelling and engaging scripts;
- Provide immediate on-set and in-booth dialogue revisions;
- Ensure that all reference documents are up to date;
- Collaborate in the supervision of the script with the scripted events production team;
- Carry out all other related tasks
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Experience in writing, story development, and film-making an asset;
- Good knowledge of video games;
- Knowledge of game design basic rules & theory (learning curve, difficulty curve, curve of rhythm);
- Strong analytical and structured mind, with a proven capacity for and comfort with abstraction;
- Listening, communication, and collaboration skills;
- An eye for new trends and innovations within the industry.
WHAT YOU’LL ENJOY
Check out our list of perks and benefits here: https://www.ubisoftsingapore.com/
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Since opening its doors in 2008, Ubisoft Singapore has become the biggest AAA game development studio in Southeast Asia. The 500-strong studio is home to 35+ different nationalities focused on delivering ambitious gaming experiences to our players. Ubisoft Singapore has been contributing to all the Assassin’s Creed® titles since Assassin’s Creed® II. It innovated within the franchise as the studio behind the naval battle gameplay and water technology in Assassin’s Creed® III, Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag® and most recently in Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla. Its expertise in AAA and live operations, combined with a passion for naval gameplay, pushed the team to lead the development of Skull and Bones™ revealed at E3 in 2017.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.