Junior Narrative Animator
5 days ago
Counterplay Games is looking for an entry-level animator who enjoys creating story-based animations in a cinematic or narrative game setting.
Candidates should have experience animating shots with dialogue and a solid understanding of timing, posing, and body mechanics. Our Junior Narrative Animator will be working closely with the Narrative and Cinematics teams to help ensure their cinematic and character visions on the project.
Please provide a Resume and Demo Reel. Please call out or include supporting documents noting any animation work on your reel you were not responsible for. We are looking for Narrative and Cinematic-focused Demo Reels.
This position is 100% Remote.
- Work closely with the Cinematics Team, Narrative Team, Engineers, and other Designers to animate cinematics and in-game story moments
- Work closely with the Narrative Animation Lead to develop high-quality character animations for story-driven content
- Help plan, shoot, and process motion capture data
- Create high-quality, emotionally-driven character animations using both mocap and hand-key techniques
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent 2+ years experience animating in a 3D program
- Strong acting and storytelling skills with a basic understanding of character performance and acting
- Experience in Maya
- Strong communication skills and a willingness to maintain clear and consistent communication in a remote environment
- Ability to take direction/feedback in a thoughtful and timely manner
One or more of these is a plus:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience in Unreal Engine 4 or 5
- Experience in facial animations
- Experience with motion capture
- Experience in MotionBuilder