This job might no longer be available.
Junior Mobile Game Engineer
Magic Fuel Games
San Leandro, CA
12 months ago
Who We Are:
Magic Fuel Games is a well-funded video games startup founded by a group of experienced developers who have built a world-class internal team to develop titles with global appeal and forged partnerships to amplify our ability to create games. We are looking for team members to join us on this journey who are passionate about developing games and shaping the company that they work in.
Who You Are:
You have a good understanding of game technology and you should be keen to improve your knowledge. You have experimented with building games and be able to show us examples of your work and be able to demonstrate how you've continually improved your skills.
You have experience of Unity and like all of our hires, be a good team player.
How You'll Contribute:
- Collaborating with the design team to create a fun game by quickly prototyping in code to evaluate options
- Writing rock solid gameplay code to help implement features from controls and UI to AI logic
- Helping to optimize features to ensure that the game runs smoothly on all supported hardware
- Explaining complex problems clearly and presenting potential solutions with their advantages and disadvantages
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or better in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- A general understanding of game engineering including but not limited to: UI, AI and graphics
- Good C# skills with an understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Credible knowledge of Unity and its features, strengths and weaknesses
- Awareness of the constraints faced by mobile games
- The willingness to learn and the aptitude to quickly take on new challenges
- A passion for games and the desire to work in a creative start-up environment
What we offer:
- 100% paid medical/dental/vision
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Equity Grants
- Really cool office close to BART