This job might no longer be available.
Junior Level/Game Designer- 源·计划
15 days ago
Game designers and level designers are content creators who craft unique player experiences using a range of game mechanics, AI characters and their behaviors, locations, gameplay scenarios and mission design, along with many other elements that require both creativity and technical skills.
Game and level design have different subcategories that will be covered during the training, and that participants will later specialize into based on their performance and aspirations.
· Create game mechanics, driving the player into interesting challenges, both on short and long terms.
· Create and maintain clear and concise design documentation.
· Create AI behaviors which are immersive and fun to play with.
· Create engaging gameplay features and gameplay bricks.
· Create believable, living worlds.
· Design fun and engaging missions and quests for players to experience.
· Develop a strong understanding and respect of the game engines limitations, strengths and weaknesses…
· At least College or Bachelor’s degree
· Strong Gamer Culture and interest in videogame development
· Self-motivated, pro-active, and professional
· Good communication skills in both Chinese and English (spoken and written)
· Analytical mind and good problem-solving skills
· Passionate about making video games
· Relevant experience with game editors and engines (ex. Unity, Unreal 4, Source)
· Knowledge of visual, audio general theories for interactive works
Nice To Have:
· Portfolio showcasing demos, mods, maps, or prototypes is a strong plus.
· Experience in design for 3D space or environment is a strong plus
· Strong technical-orientated mindset is a plus
Knowledge and experience in visual scripting is a strong plus
What you will also get:
- An international working environment
- FUN Culture
- Lots of love from your colleagues!
About UBISOFT & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft’s19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 600+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.