Junior Level Designer
15 days ago
- Understand the part that his/her level plays in the overall game experience based on the Creative Director’s vision;
- Be familiar with the script and, more specifically, with the episodes in his/her level so that the story remains coherent;
- Prototype the environment, establish the layouts, and suggest ways of using the interactive and non-interactive elements to create the desired emotions;
- Communicate the results of the prototype to the other crafts in order to validate the intentions and have the Level Design TD assess the technical feasibility and the quality of the maps (Game Design Director);
- Work in collaboration with the Level Artists to ensure that the playability of the level and the graphic elements support each other;
- As the project progresses, integrate the elements produced in the map (new gameplay, AI, sound, etc.);
- Control the accessibility, understanding, and level of difficulty of the level;
- Correct the level design bugs entered into the database by testers;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Attestation of collegial studies in video game level design and production or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in video game level design
- Ability to work well as part of a team;
- Creativity, ability to challenge the player;
- Critical and analytical sense;
- Structure and rigour;
- Ability to put oneself in the player’s shoes.
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games. Apart from a competitive compensation package and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality, Ubisoft Singapore offers a wide variety of perks including performance based incentives, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, flexible working hours, and opportunities for career development and learning.
Are you excited about creating the unknown? Are you serious about fun? Do you constantly seek out learning opportunities? At Ubisoft Singapore, we are looking for talent who are solution-oriented problem solvers, creative yet open to collaborate, and team players who also thrive in bringing their A-game to work.
If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume and we will invite you for a first chat to find out more about becoming an awesome addition to our team!
Ubisoft Singapore is one of the top game development studios in the APAC region. Part of Ubisoft’s global network of studios, we’ve been creating memorable gaming experiences in Singapore since 2008. With over 30+ different nationalities, we are a diverse bunch of creatives redefining the world of digital entertainment for millions of players across the globe.