Junior Level Designer, Free-to-Play Puzzle
12 days ago
The Puzzle Level Design Studio in Amber, focuses on delivering top quality design services for partners such as King, Rovio and Futureplay. If you’re passionate about learning puzzle design, or an experienced level designer looking for a new challenge, this is an opportunity to make your mark on some of the best known puzzle game franchises in the world. Realize your talents and express your creativity by joining a collective of passionate artisans, working with world-class partners. As a Junior Level Designer, you'll create delightful experiences that keep players on the edge of their seats!
- Join one of our dedicated teams designing world class levels for top game franchises
- Design exciting, well-paced and finely balanced levels
- Work closely with your teammates and our partners to align your work to the product vision
- Use iteration, internal play tests, metrics and feedback to refine your work
- Implement creative ideas for new levels and create exciting "wow moments" for our players
- Actively play casual puzzle games to understand the casual audience and hone your craft
- Passion for free-to-play casual puzzle games
- Demonstrated aptitude for level design, which could be shown through:
- Experience working as a professional level designer
- Post-secondary degree in a game design related field
- Portfolio of game jam or hobby game projects
- Solid understanding of free-to-play and puzzle design fundamentals
- Strong instincts for game design with the ability to create fun game play
- Proficient English with good verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Collaborative spirit and love of teamwork
- Passion for learning and self-development
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- An attractive salary and benefits package.
- Access to training and learning programs.
- A diverse portfolio of projects.
- Chance to advance your career at a fast growing company
- Teammates who will value your creative ideas as much as your expertise.
- Regular get-togethers with other teams to meet new people and share ideas and learnings.
OUR WORK ENVIRONMENT:
During the COVID-19 pandemic, you'll onboard and work 100% remotely. At Amber, our teams excel at working together across borders and time zones. Once its safe to reopen our physical offices, we'll encourage a hybrid culture that balances office collaboration with work from home. But we're open to permanent remote work arrangements for the right candidate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.