Junior Graphic Designer
9 days ago
If you'll wondering what your challenges would be, here is a summary with some details.
You will create marketing images (banners, icons, and screenshots) for online shops and social networks on behalf of product managers, community managers and UA Managers, under the guidance of the Marketing Asset Producer and the artistic direction of the Lead artist.
Some details on what you'll do in most of your time:
• Understanding project requirements and ideas
• Involvement with design tasks from conception to completion
• Reinforcing the atmosphere and visual impact of creatives
• Engaging in design solutions and processing feedback to improve designs
• Editing images and manipulate image composition
• Being able to create environment fitting illustrations of miscellaneous objects
• Processing already created elements and produce a large number of formats according to different specifications (resizing, new layout, localization)
What will happen to you on the first day and in the first 3 months?
• On your first day, we will introduce you to everyone in the team. The team lead will share more details about the projects you will be working on.
• Also on the first day you will receive your onboarding plan, which gives you details about the tasks you will be working on and what is expected from you over the next 3 months.
• Right from the start you will find out who will be your assigned buddy, the colleague who will help you during your first few months to have a great time here. You can ask him/her about anything at any time, it can be related to the project but also about what’s the best place to eat at in the area ( there are many cool places to eat at nearby)
• During your trial period, we will continue to support you and give you feedback on your work. And of course, we’d love to encourage you to share your opinion and suggestions with us as well.
What you'll need to join us?
• Experience with design software and graphics editing software, such as Photoshop
• Adequate artistic foundation (understanding of color, composition and lighting)
• Good visual culture in different fields (architecture, design, cinema, comics, games...)
• Attention to detail and speed of execution, respect deadlines
• Creativity (solve visual problems creatively and effectively)
• Open-mindedness and curiosity
• Ability to work well within a team
What will happen when you apply?
You can apply with your English CV and portfolio. We will have a look at what you have created so far. Please note that our system can't handle files that exceed 10 MB, so if your portfolio exceed the file limit, please upload it to eg. Google Drive or Dropbox and send us an access link.
No cover letter is required. But if you usually play mobile, we are more than happy to hear about what is your favourite game :)
At Gameloft, we believe in diversity, so no applicant will be discriminated against based on criteria such as gender, age, gender identity, religion, nationality, etc ...
Your CV will be reviewed by our Marketing Assets Team Lead, and if it is relevant, one of our colleagues from HR will contact you.
Next there will be a home test, followed by a video call with one of our HR colleagues and later with our Marketing Assets Team Lead. They will give you specific details about the job and you can ask them anything you are interested in knowing about working here.
The whole process usually takes 2-3 weeks, but in the current global situation it could be slightly longer.
If the test fails, we will notify you within 3-5 days. You will certainly receive feedback from us about the process, but you can also track the status of your application through our application system.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Are you ready to work on something exciting and spectacular? On games where millions of people worldwide will be admiring your work?
You're in the right place because Gameloft Budapest is looking for a Junior Graphic Designer.
About Gameloft Hungary:
Our studio has been operating in Budapest for more than 9 years, and has a team of 80 game developers, designers, artists and other professionals whose passion is to create mobile games that are enjoyed by millions of people each and every day. Our goal is to develop casual and semi-casual games that bring relaxation and fun to millions of users on a daily basis. Until now we worked on games like Iron Man 3, City Mania, Disney Getaway Blast and Dragon Mania Legends. The latter is one of Gameloft's most successful projects, with well over 170 million downloads!
What can you expect from us?
• We are a 80-person game development studio in downtown Budapest
• We have diverse background and we all love to work on our own games and ideas
• You would work in a small agile team of 9 brilliant and professional Designers and Video Artists where everybody’s inputs are valued
• The team is international, we have several foreign colleagues
• Exercising your creativity when solving tasks is much appreciated
• You may be working on games using famous brands such as Marvel or Disney
Why work for us?
• Our office is in the downtown area, Boráros Square. It is on the Pest side of the Petofi bridge, and can be easily reached by public transport
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
• We have a flexible work schedule that can fit in most of your requirements (also in this current global situation we are working from home)
• Never go to work on your birthday (you get extra leave for that day)
• We value health, that is why all our employees benefit from a private health insurance plan. This includes free access to an unlimited number of specialist appointments and an annual health screening
• Every summer we have a studio wide team building activity
• Coffee, tea are always at your disposal in the office
• We have an Employee Assistance Program (legal, financial, life management and mental health services)
• You'll also get a fitness pass which gives you access to all Life1 venues in the city