Junior Gameplay AI Programmer
Oxfordshire United Kingdom
16 days ago
Rebellion is looking for a Junior Gameplay AI Programmer to implement features and improve the core AI behaviours for the next entry in the Sniper Elite franchise. You will be working in a supportive team to maintain and develop AI behaviours and related features of a AAA stealth and combat game. You will be introduced to our in-house AI system; develop your knowledge and skills in developing, maintaining and debugging video game AI; and grow to take ownership of visible features in our games. We are currently developing titles for the next generation of games consoles.
This is a permanent full-time role based in-house at our Oxford headquarters and you must be able to legally work in the UK.
- Assist in developing and implementing cutting-edge, intuitive artificial intelligence solutions for next-gen gameplay, debugging, maintaining and extending your own and existing AI code
- Write robust and maintainable code, optimising code and data for memory usage and performance per platform
- Meet game design and technical requirements as well as internal coding standards, communicating with designers, artists and other coders to ensure AI satisfies game requirements and quality
- Identify and solve development obstacles or risks that arise, suggesting improvements and implementing solutions to improve performance and reliability
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Research new tools, techniques and processes and how they can benefit Rebellion
- Collaborate productively within a large multi-disciplined project team environment, communicating ideas and issues clearly.
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines
- Good C++ skills at a professional level
- Good object-orientated programming and technical design, profiling and optimising, system design and 3D math skills, with sound knowledge of AI techniques (FSMs, path finding, behaviour trees, etc)
- Good debugging and problem-solving skills under pressure
- Ability to work in familiarising yourself to work with a large existing codebase, learning new systems and concepts and implementing them some speed and efficiency
- Ability to structure and build a large system with others, working on a system from conception to completion, prototyping as well as producing final code
- Good spoken and written communication skills, able to collaborate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly to non-technical staff
- Great team-work with game developers from all disciplines across the project, and the ability to accept and follow direction, with excellent initiative, self-motivation and organisational skills
- General knowledge of current games, consoles, multiplayer development and an interest in AI techniques alongside the ability to analyse AI behaviour in competitive titles would be applicable.
- A genuine interest in playing games