Junior Game Progression Designer
15 days ago
You help control the progression and reward systems and design game features that compel and engage players in the long term. You identify and develop the motivation drivers in the game and provide data-driven recommendations on design.
As a Junior Game Progression Designer on our team, you will be able to help shape the player’s journey and give it the right feel. You'll innovate and develop progression features and find the perfect balance for our game’s macro gameplay loop.
Your main mission:
- Designing and documenting accessible, innovative, and engaging progression and economy systems to support the game vision;
- Designing and fine-tuning progression-related features from conception to final roll out
- Modelling and balancing of the game progression system
- Being able to clearly, and simply, communicate design intent and collaborate well with other disciplines
What you'll bring as experience:
- Knowledge of progression-related features and balancing
- A keen eye for how your design and balancing impact on the player experience
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
What you'll bring as a colleague
- Passion for games
- You love games that are built to last hundreds of hours, and you have a solid grasp of what systems power this effect
- Proactivity and the ability to offer creative solutions in the pursuit of your goals
- Comfortable working within a multidisciplinary team, where you are expected to contribute with your expertise to achieve the highest quality
- High standards in everything you do, and a devotion to creating the best possible player experience
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Be a team player
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Ubisoft Romania is defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games.
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.