Junior Game Programmer - Casual Games
15 days ago
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Traffic Cop 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope and Die by the Blade.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee games have been downloaded in every country on earth! If you think you’re a good fit for one of our remote vacancies, we want to hear from you wherever you are based.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
As a Junior Game Programmer working on our Casual games you’ll be coding and developing hit mobile F2P games as part of an experienced and successful team.
What you tell your friends you do
“I make chart topping mobile games, many developers will only dream of having a game hit the number one spot on the appstore, at Kwalee it’s a regular occurrence”
What you will really be doing
- Designing and writing high quality and reliable code for our games.
- Using C# and Unity as the main technologies in your day to day work.
- Solving any challenges that might appear on the way.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- At least 1 years of experience in game development with C#.
- Experience with Casual / F2P mobile games
- Experience with Unity.
- At least one of the following: console / Android / iOS / Amazon experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An avid interest in either console or mobile games, preferably both.
- Ability to derive tasks from a design document.
- Attention to detail.
- Self motivated.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Experience with source control such as SVN, Git or Perforce
- 3D and 2D gameplay experience.
- Understanding and appropriate use of design patterns.
- Rapid prototyping experience would be a plus.
- Graphics experience would be a plus.
- Android build pipeline experience would be a plus.
- Experience integrating 3rd party APIs would be a plus.
- RESTful experience would be a plus.
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.