This job might no longer be available.
Junior Game Designer
Toronto Ontario M6R 2L2 Canada
6 months ago
Uken is looking for a Junior Game Designer who is keen on applying their skills towards an exciting new mobile game title. We're looking for someone who loves games and is up to date on the latest mobile game and tech industry trends. This position will be working directly with developers and designers to design levels and balance game features.
You'll be working on meaningful things like:
- Designing levels which carefully introduce new gameplay mechanics in natural ways
- Conceptualizing game ideas and mechanics in detail
- Prototyping and testing new mechanics and systems
- Working closely with developers and artists to implement ideas
- Using player behaviour to adjust existing levels as necessary and inform the design of new levels
Your background should include:
- At least 1 year of experience as a Level Designer on a casual Puzzle or Solitaire title, or 3 years experience as a Game Designer
- Proven game design talents and excellent knowledge of free to play game mechanics
- The ability to relay visual information to the user in an intuitive and aesthetically pleasing manner
- The ability to think through and document designs resulting in cohesive feature specs
- An appetite to learn, grow, and take on increasingly more responsibility
It's a big plus if you...
- Have experience building and managing game models in spreadsheets
- Can communicate product design and paint a picture with data
- Have experience working with Unity
We believe in a fun & meaningful work environment:
- You'll be equipped with a high-end laptop, monitor, and mobile device
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full health, dental, vision coverage
- Fully catered lunch, breakfast and snack filled kitchen
- Uken social nights including pub night, movie night and more...
- Convenient location at the corner of Front & John
Uken builds games that people everywhere love. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? and Jeopardy! World Tour are the top 2 trivia games, engaging millions of global players every month.
We consider ourselves data driven designers, technologists, and artists. Through collaboration, we pair the craft of design with feedback and data to deliver a pace and rhythm in each game session that immerses our audience and leaves them wanting more. We have a quirky, nerdy culture that fosters creativity, collaboration, quality ideas, and a data driven mindset. We believe in moving quickly and improving constantly and that mantra is reflected in the weekly updates we make to our games and internal technologies. We have an appetite for pushing technical boundaries but with a focus on practical use.
We take entertainment seriously.
Uken welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who would contribute to the further diversification of our team.
Uken is committed to offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org