Junior Game Designer (GBS)
17 days ago
Our Game Designer is responsible of all Game Design aspects in the creation of engaging Casual Games.
His main responsibilities are:
- Creating highly detailed design documents which contains a blueprint for the entire game’s design, gameplay and interface;
- Designing the rules of the games and making sure that everything is balanced carefully;
- Creating the missions, levels and environment aspects and ensuring that everything matches up evenly with the gameplay and storyline;
- Writing the game’s story, menu text and narration (if any);
- Supporting to other Game Designers to complete all ongoing and future prototypes/projects at the standard quality;
- Assisting Senior/Studio Lead Game Designer and Producers in all related-Game Design matters to improve the team-members’ when getting request.
- Performing game designing tasks as assigned by Senior/ Lead Game Designer; or producers; constantly trying to improve the quality of game design work;
- Reviewing or evaluating competitive products, film, music, television, and other art forms to generate new Game Design ideas;
- Keeping abreast of game design technology and techniques, industry trends, or audience interests, reactions, and needs by participating in educational programs, attending meetings or workshops, or participating in professional organizations or conferences;
- Balancing and adjusting gameplay experiences in order to ensure the critical and commercial success of the products;
- Overseeing gameplay testing to ensure intended gaming experience and game adherence to original vision;
- Developing and maintaining design documentation with a high quality, including mechanics, story, menu flow, layout design, functional description and guidelines;
- Determining supplementary “virtual features”, such as currency, shop items, menu design, and audio direction.
- Defining Meta, Monetization and Retention strategies of the games;
- Creating gameplay test plans for internal test groups;
- Providing feedbacks to production staff regarding technical game qualities or adherence to original design;
- Creating Gameplay Prototypes and a database of Gameplay concepts that could be used in the future;
- Conducting regular Design reviews throughout the game development process;
- Providing Game Design feedbacks to programmers and artists to ensure the final quality of the game: art quality, gameplay polish, and ergonomics:
- Checking, assigning and possibly fixing the bugs related to Game Design or feedbacks from others stakeholders;
- Creating and managing documentation, production schedules, prototyping goals, and communication plans in collaboration with production staff.
Support to coach, mentor, train, organize to build a solid GD team
- Making sure all documents, gameplay features sent to HQ and external stakeholders are well-structured and highly qualified to minimize feedbacks and gain trust;
- Making sure all prototypes/projects in the division will fully follow up with the core pillars;
- Supporting Lead/Senior Game Designer to create training materials to improve the team members’ skills when getting request;
- Proactive in sharing experience especially after a project done.
- Reporting to Senior/Lead Game Designer and Producer/Lead Producer.
Skills & Experience:
- About two years of experience in a Game Designer role;
- Good understanding of the market and target audience of Mobile Video Games;
- Strong passion and solid video games background – knowledge about new market trends but also about retro gaming;
- Solid knowledge about Game Design including game mechanics, level design, and UI/UX;
- Good knowledge about Business models, monetization psychology and monetization strategy;
- Solid knowledge about Game Retention strategy;
- Creative thinking skills to make new Gameplay and solve a diversity of game design issues every day, including but not limited to gameplay, level, interface…;
- Understand of balancing complex game systems;
- Basic programming knowledge to understand easily the scripts;
- Experience with game reward systems;
- Creative, imaginative and original;
- Solid problem-solving skills;
- Good storytelling ability;
- Great communication, presentation and pitching skills;
- Good understanding the capabilities and benefits of different Mobile Devices hardware and platforms, as well as the relevant software technologies and techniques;
- Basic drawing and 3D design skills;
- Demonstrating flexibility of thinking and accept positive feedbacks from others for improvement;
- Self-disciplined; demonstrating strong motivation and passion at work;
- Proposing training adaptation based on programs evolution;
- Ability to work well in a team and alone. Cooperate with team members and actively provide support;
- Ability to work well under pressure and be able to meet deadlines;
- Strong commitment to the final game result and to the company. Willing to work hard to complete the task on-time;
- Meticulousness & quality oriented.
- (1) 30-minute Call. Only qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiters,
- (2) Test (7 days),
- (3) 1-hour Interview,
- (4) Offer.
Work Location and Hour:
- Work location: 26 Ung Van Khiem, Binh Thanh, HCMC (hybrid).
- Work hour: 08:30 A.M. - 06:00 P.M, Monday to Friday.
What We Offer
- An attractive monthly salary alongside Tet and other performance bonuses.
- 100% coverage of mandatory insurances (SI, HI, UI), as well as an extra healthcare insurance.
- Various training packages, including annual training (1), sponsorship training (2) and e-learning (3).
- 12 days of paid annual leave, 5 days of paid sick leave, 12 days of paid holiday leave (including 1 day for Christmas).
- Hybrid working model.
- A monthly allowance to cover electricity and Internet bills.
- A range of policies of support employees physically, mentally and emotionally while working from home.
- A dynamic workplace environment, with over 18 nationalities, where hundreds of world-renowned game titles were born.
- Opportunities to train with experts and develop yourselves.
- An open-space office, a cafeteria, a terrace and a Gaming Area.
- Other benefits from one of the best employers in Vietnam.
How to apply:
- Kindly send your English CV and cover letter (optional) to: email@example.com, titled:JGD_Your Full Name or apply here via SmartRecruiters.
Join The Game!
As a leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms with an audience of 114 million monthly users across the whole world. The company has 46 offices across 32 locations and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.