Junior Frontend Web Developer
21 days ago
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers, with well over 600 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS! and Eternal Hope.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee games have been downloaded in every country on earth! If you think you’re a good fit for one of our remote vacancies, we want to hear from you wherever you are based.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
As a Junior Frontend Web Developer you love designing and producing excellent web interfaces and have a passion for games.
What you tell your friends you do
“I make really powerful web-based tools and ensure that everyone in the company has the software that they need, especially when they don't actually know what they need!”
What you will really be doing
- You'll be working directly with the server and client teams to create our games server admin interfaces. And closely with the analytics team developing features for our analytics platform WatchTower.
- A portion of the work involves maintaining/improving our extensive games server admin interface and our in-house Analytics platform WatchTower.
- You will be working with a lot of different technologies that make up our worldwide cluster where we support millions of daily players.
- On some projects specific gameplay features rely on server side counterparts and complex web UI interfaces making for a good change of pace from Analytics and Data entry interfaces.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology - if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 150 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important development decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced and passionate team, including David Darling and the creator of the original Micro Machines video game.
Skills and requirements
- Minimum of 6 months browser-based programming experience
- An excellent working knowledge of various programming languages, databases and scripting tools including at least one of bash, MySQL, CouchBase, Python, Java, C#, JSP, PHP
- A creative mindset motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best
- Interest in mobile games
- You must have the full right to work within the UK
- Knowledge of the Unix, Linux, MacOS or equivalent development environments
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 2:1 or higher degree in a related discipline e.g., computer science, programming, maths
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.