Junior Environment Artist
9 days ago
Job Title:Junior Environment Artist
Here at Raven, we pride ourselves on our unique vision for the industry that continues to inspire us after more than 30 years. We developed a team that cares about one another, our games, and our players. We treat each other with respect. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our mistakes. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are looking for people to grow with us. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Your mission is to craft immersive and compelling environment artwork for the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise. You are a skilled 3D artist and visual narrator who develops immersive visuals for game settings, thrives on challenging growth opportunities, and delivers high quality work in a timely manner. You also have an agile and flexible mindset, and a proven ability to partner with experienced artists and designers who will help you advance your art skills and technical knowledge. Above all, we are looking for an innovative and dedicated teammate to help tell our story.
- Share your deep passion of crafting realistic environment art and visual narratives .
- Research subject matter relating to objectives to ensure an authentic experience.
- Work closely with your Lead to execute high-level art direction.
- Collaborate with Creative Directors, Designers, Engineers, Artists, Producers, and Animators to deliver epic visual content for world-class player experiences.
- Work in Radiant to augment play-spaces with artwork that supports game and story objectives.
- Thrive on open and welcome constructive criticism.
- Proactively increase your knowledge of new tools, processes, and pipeline best practices.
- Contribute creative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- 1+ total years in the games industry working in an environment art capacity.
- Egoless attitude that welcomes feedback and criticism, and enjoys working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process.
- Proven ability to create high-quality assets utilizing multiple major 3D and 2D packages (3DS Max or Maya and Photoshop or Substance) for console hardware (Xbox, PS, PC).
- Familiar of game engines, pipelines, and processes.
- Solid communication and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a challenging and often ambiguous environment.
- Solid understanding of game art with ability to clearly discuss modern trends.
- Recent portfolio demonstrating focus and commitment to realistic environment and current gen 2D/3D asset creation; ideally demonstrating various objects alone and assembled into compelling environments.
- Familiarity with photogrammetry process, procedural content creation, or PBR workflows.
- Strong traditional art foundation.
- Basic awareness of game engine budgets, limits, and memory constraints.
- History of playing a variety of game genres both digital and physical.
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen , Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast , Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We are based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We each bring a unique set of experiences from dozens of cultural backgrounds. Our shared values unify our direction and decisions, helping us touch the lives of more than a billion people each day.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.